account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 10 Q When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adept
Message 351 of 427
Message 351 of 427

Re: ANDROID 10

@apocalypserogue wrote:

Hi, how do I update from 9 to 10? 

I have an unlocked XZ2 on a GiffGaff PAYG sim. (02 cell network) 

In the phone settings it says 10 is available but when I select it I get I'm already running upto date software, which is 9.

Im connected to WiFi and fully charged. Cheers. 

Yeah it's a pain but only cell provider that got the update was 3 (Hutchison UK) in my case in the UK,  but android 10 was that fragmented and buggy, they didn't release it for any other country or network till it was patched and runs the way they want it

Although it says android 10 is available for xz2, it doesn't specify what variant or country it's for so it's available in UK for 3 but not Vodafone or o2 till its patched or dual sim is available in Australia but not available in a few.puntries yet

Apprentice
Message 352 of 427
Message 352 of 427

Re: ANDROID 10

Yeah. It really seems that Sony doesn't care about their customers.  Almost February and still no update.  I said it before and I will say it again. The latest security patch is from Oktober.  And zero news on how things are going.  It's a big update.  Surely they could mention something about what is happening.  

How are they holding on to customers with this attitude/ strategy. Or gods forbid.  Grow in the Smartphone market.  

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 353 of 427
Message 353 of 427

Android 10 Belgium

Any idea when we will get Android 10 in Belgium. My Xperia 5 is still on Android 9 with security patch october!?!? Any issues the updates?

Highlighted
Talent
Message 354 of 427
Message 354 of 427

Re: Android 10 Belgium

Android 10 has not been pushed out in Europe yet .... Considering how badly Android 10 has messed up the Xperia 5's in other regions and the Xz2's and Xz3 here in Germany, i would rather remain on Android 9

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 355 of 427
Message 355 of 427

Xperia XZ2 PREMIUM android 10 is not coming

I have xz2 premium dual Sim in country Georgia, no sight of android 10 on my phone. I feel angry, I want android 10,everyone has it in the world from 6 January, but on my phone not coming. What to do? 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 356 of 427
Message 356 of 427

Xperia xz 2 android 10

I still not get an update.

What is going on? 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 357 of 427
Message 357 of 427

Re: Xperia xz 2 android 10

Me neither

Highlighted
Learner
Message 358 of 427
Message 358 of 427

After reading all stories about the issues of A10 in the forum you should be happy not to receive the upgrade. I wish I kept softwear autoupdate turned off...

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 359 of 427
Message 359 of 427

Don't update. The update is nog working fine in combination with Sony. My xz2 end my boyfriend xz3 are having problems. 

Do not update. Hopefully Sony is coming soon with an fixer update 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 360 of 427
Message 360 of 427

Sony xa2 ultra

Why did the Android 10 update not arrive for the xa2 ultra, even though it is the 2018 version, this is my last device with you, so you relieved my credibility