account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 10 Q When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Apprentice
Message 11 of 69
Message 11 of 69

Re: Can xzp update Android Q?

I want Android Q on Xperia XZ Premium as well, all users do, Sony please do not dissapoint us, we love you! I am planing to use this phone for 4 more years at least #xzpremium 💙💙

Adviser
Message 12 of 69
Message 12 of 69

Sony Xperia 10 Android Q?

Hi there just wondering will my Xperia 10 be getting Android Q?

Éire 💖 

Éire Sony Xperia 10, Xperia XA1 and Xperia M5 user
Highlighted
Message 13 of 69
Message 13 of 69

Android Q update for Xperia XZ2

It is disappointing that you people are not able to give at least  3 Android updates that too for a flagship mobile... Even companies like xiaomi(MI), and some other companies from China are better giving updates for cheapest mobile too.. Why can't Sony do that. It is so bad to say Sony is  disappointing customers day by day... Pouting Face

Message 14 of 69
Message 14 of 69

Re: Android Q update for Xperia XZ2

@Sivasaianirudh 

Android Q is still in the beta phase and there is no official roadmap or schedule for its release from any manufacturer. Sony did not announce yet what devices will receive it. But in my personal speculation, XZ2 should be on the list.

Where did you get the info that XZ2 is not getting it?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 15 of 69
Message 15 of 69

Re: Sony Xperia 10 Android Q?

You will get Android Q.. Don't worry 

Adviser
Message 16 of 69
Message 16 of 69

Re: Sony Xperia 10 Android Q?

I hope so because its a brand new phone. So fingers crossed I'll get it. Thanks so much for your reply. 

Learner
Message 17 of 69
Message 17 of 69

Re: Android Q When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

I hope Sony will include XZ Premium when they have release the Android Q update. XZ premium is still a top notch phone these days and a lot still uses it. So I hope they will consider to include all XZ devices to this upgrade. I also like the new feature from X1 which is the game enhancer it looks like the same with the samsung's game launcher and it will be great if they have it become available to all sony devices.

@uliwooly wrote:

Android Q Beta

image1.png

Android Q Beta 1 has been released, as of right now only Pixel devices will have the chance to play with it 

Privacy it's one of the main focus on the update:

Device Location control at app level, you can allow it to access your location all the time or only when you are using the app (I really like this option) 

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 10.42.10 AM.png

More control on app access to Media and Download files 

Background apps will have priority notification setting, no more missing calls, alarms, messages, etc

Improvements for foldable/double screens (doesn't quite apply to Xperias, yet? we'll see, make it happen Sony)

Sharing shortcuts, I don't see much difference but it'll be welcome, I'm looking you Sony's Album app 

Settings panel, now this will be great, no more going through the main settings menu, we'll have to wait and see how its integrated and how intuitive.

There are more and more improvements, you can read it all here >>> Source

Learner
Message 18 of 69
Message 18 of 69

Looking forward too. I think it will be really unfair to leave XZ premium, it still XZ hey. It will be better if all XZ devices will get the update. 

One time poster
Message 19 of 69
Message 19 of 69

On the one side i hope the xzp gets the update on the other hand i will refuse it if sony makes the navigation gestures manditory, worst idea google ever had.

Adviser
Message 20 of 69
Message 20 of 69

I totally agree with you. Whenever I am trying to close all apps I open the all apps drawer it's so cumbersome. A physical button or a button on the screen like thr XA1 would be aces.