account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

23.4.A.0.546 boot problem / "Optimising apps"

Demigod
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

23.4.A.0.546 boot problem / "Optimising apps"

I found that there is a problem with this update and not only on my Z2 Tablet (SGP511) but also on other users Z3 Compact.

REF: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/More-5-1-1-Problems-Sony-Google-come-on-sort-this-ou...

After every upgrade Android optimises apps. But on my tablet in first show "no data transfer enabled" which is strange because it doesn't have LTE module at all. Then after Shutdown / Reboot it failed to start, after few minutes of Xperia animation it decided to go reboot and then started optimising all apps again.

Few reboots later it finally started up and then I tried to reboot it few times to see if it will boot normally. For few boots is optimised 1 - 2 apps on single restart.

And today I tried to reboot it again (after seeing referred post) - and it started all over again. Boot time is around 30 minutes with 197 apps on board.

On Z3 Compact it boots normaly but for 3 - 5 reboots since update it also optimised 1 - 2 apps on every boot, then finally stopped doing that at looks like it is working normal now.

Both devices are operator-free, updated through PCC (Z2 Tablet) and Bridge for Mac (Z3 Compact). Full update without user data wipe.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
5 REPLIES 5
Commissioner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: 23.4.A.0.546 boot problem / "Optimising apps"

Sergio, I believe you have no other alternative but to wipe all data and start from stretch. Do you have any 3rd party apps that are not from Play Store? Most of the time they are the ones giving you problem. Try transferring their apk to cloud, delete them before updating. Than put them back if you need them after completing the repair.

Demigod
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I have a bad feeling that you are right. Wipe is the way to go :/

No, I don't have any sideloaded apps. I think it may be related to apps being on the SD card. I will try to move them back into memory and try few boots to see how it's going.
Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Bump

Any news on that? It is over 6 months after the issue was first mentioned and it is still present on most up to date firmware for unbranded Z3 Compact.

Encrypted phone + encrypted SD card = boot problem on 80 - 90% of reboots. It means that reboot takes over 40 minutes and eats up over 20% of battery.

Is it going to be repaired or despite being fan of Sony products it is a time to look for other phone?

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@SergioPL wrote:

Is it going to be repaired (...)?

Do you want a forecast based on the track record for issues raised in this forum?

Demigod
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@AnnoyedUKCustomer wrote:

@SergioPL wrote:

Is it going to be repaired (...)?

Do you want a forecast based on the track record for issues raised in this forum?

I answered on this myself already Winking Face

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--