account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

watch faces for smartwatch 3 from sony always show zero steps after update to 1.4

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

watch faces for smartwatch 3 from sony always show zero steps after update to 1.4

Hi

After the update to android wear 1.4, the watch faces for smartwatch 3 from sony always show zero steps. If I switch to a Google fit watchface, only that watch face will show the number of steps made. I have tried to do factory reset on my SW3 but it doesn't help.

Anyone else got this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: watch faces for smartwatch 3 from sony always show zero steps after update to 1.4

I installed google fit on my phone, and after that the steps are shown on the sony watch faces. Before android wear 1.4 I did not need to have google fit installed on my phone.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: watch faces for smartwatch 3 from sony always show zero steps after update to 1.4

@B3rgan I was able to replicate this and it hasn't happened with other faces. Will try to get more info.

Restarting the watch helps, but temporarily. Perhaps an update is required for the faces.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Do you use Google Fit or Lifelog for tracking? I'm using Fit and never managed Sony faces to show steps, before and after update.

On other faces like IW and Fit I have valid readings.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Apprentice
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I use Lifelog. Google fit I have not installed on my phone.
Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I installed google fit on my phone, and after that the steps are shown on the sony watch faces. Before android wear 1.4 I did not need to have google fit installed on my phone.

Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@B3rgan@SergioPL This will be fixed in an upcoming software update for SW3.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.