account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

lifelog and sleep tracking

Learner
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

lifelog and sleep tracking

Hi, I am having this issue and I don't know why, I had the smartband and with this one the sleep tracker stopped to work,now I changed to sm3 and I continue with the same issue. I have the smw2 and the same thing, sensors problem? Impossible with the 3, my gf have the z2 and smartband and it work ok. And that was my mobile!!!!
15 REPLIES 15
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: lifelog and sleep tracking

The SW3 does not have this feature - I asked the same question - The only item to have this feature is the SWR10 or Smartband as some know it by - The Smart talk band also doesn't have this feature

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

So, this is amazing, we are losing functions, I was really pissed when I saw we lost the red-port,some small apps like the voice recording, and now this....wth o wait this can be fixed with some update because the smartband don't have any technical diference to can do it.
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

The SW3 can do voice recording but the Smartband can't and I don't think it ever could as is doen't have a microphone, The Smartband talk can but for this both devices have to be within range of your phone where such recordings would be saved

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Apprentice
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

That can't be right - there's other apps which have the functionality, so I'd be seriously disappointed if Lifelog's lost it. 

Example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.sleep&hl=en

Learner
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Yes we lost that function, but Matt tysm for post that awesome app I will test it. Is really sad we should go to a 3s devs to can have a function we had before. Sony can see all my devices but thigs like this, make be bad the costumers. And make me think in... **bleep** is this...I hate plastic but I need functions no less than before

Apprentice
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

I'm hoping it's a case that it's being added back in for the SW3, not that it's permanently lost. 

Learner
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Just purchased my SW3 after contemplating the LG and Moto, I want my SW to monitor my activity and also keep me in touch with what's happening on my personal phone while at work using my work phone.. So my option was the SW3 because of the inbuilt GPS.

After all the reviews it's to my suprise that sleep monitoring seems to be broken and probably beyond what we think, the developer of Sleep as Android has this to say about the SW3:

"Definitely, we will also post all updates to the link I mentioned earlier. First it looked like SWR50 does not support sensor batching which would never allow us to get under 40% battery consumption per night. Also it has an accelerometer bug - the sesor cannot be set to lower frequencies - which makes it ratehr 70-80%... but the recent updates shows sensor batching is actually allowed, but it is broken. So we will se if some update in the future will make it working. But now it seems we have a good chance to run without batching on the watch with the next version, but consumption will probably be high - around 70-80%.. where with other Wear devices we get to 15%."

On their main page you can see clearly that SW2 and now SW3 have something wrong with their sensors...

Hopefully Sony Patch this up but I don't see it happening unfortunantly...

More Info Here 

Rookie
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

I would like to find a solution to this as well - I bought the SW3 so I could use the sleep tracking feature so am not impressed it is not there yet.

Thanks for any updates please.

Talent
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Sleep tracking never implemented - very dissapointing.

Even worse - following the last update the app crashes constantly - last straw, the 'report crash' dialogue prevented me from turning my alarm off this morning - very frustrating..... Disabled the app..