account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Whatapp notifications?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Whatapp notifications?

I use Whatsapp alot but testing the synergy with the smartwatch today and I noticed my watch doesn't vibrate when I receive a message.  I get the flashcard but if I don't actually check the display I won't know if there is a message.

Which kinda defeats the purpose as I could just check my phone??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Whatapp notifications?

I had an issue like this for facebook and all I had to do was disable chat heads. I am not sure how whatsapp works because I don't use it. But you could try to resync all apps with the watch and maybe restart the watch.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

It doesn't vibrate, the issue might be with Whatsapp as they have to implement this. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Uli,did you check? It was the same with facebook messenger and a simple uncheck fixed it. But it might be wise to get to whatsapp devs.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Checked that but nothing 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)