account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Using 'Ok Google' to make calls - Xperia Z2

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Learner
Accepted Solution

Using 'Ok Google' to make calls - Xperia Z2

[ Edited ]

Hi there folks! I wonder if anyone can help. I have a new Sony Smartwatch 3 for Christmas & it's paired with my Xperia Z2. Ok Google seems to work via the watch for everything, (TXT's, taking notes, opening apps etc.), except making calls. I say "Ok Google - call "Bob" mobile. The watch acknowledges the command, a large green tick appears on the screen but my Z2 does not respond. It works fine for sending txt's, taking notes, navigation etc., just won't make calls. 

I have all the latest updates on both phone & watch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you & Merry Christmas!

EDIT: Also, I have just received a phone call & my watch did not respond to the call. My wife has the same watch paired with a Samsung s6 Edge & it responds to both making & receiving calls via 'Ok Google' on the Smartwatch 3. Again, any help resolving this issue would be fantastic. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Recommended by topic author Jdub1206
December
Learner

Re: Using 'Ok Google' to make calls - Xperia Z2

Sorted! We swapped watches, reset / re-paired and for some reason both now work. I think in my blurry early Christmas morning set up I must have accidentally pressed deny when asked if the watch could manage calls! Thank you again for your help. Merry Christmas!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Forum Legend

Learner

Hi there. Thank you for your reply. Yes. I have re-paired both the watch and phone. Twice! I've also tried a factory reset on the watch. Any other suggestions? I've checked all the Bluetooth settings, Android wear settings etc. But nothing is working. It's odd because all other 'ok Google ' functions work as do all app functions, (watch to phone and phone to watch). It's really frustrating! Thanks again!
Forum Legend

i see,

you said your wife has the same watch? can you try to test hers with your device?

also check your google app settings

make sure Voice is set up

Learner

I've checked my Google app settings. Voice seems to be set up. Ok Google is set to respond from any screen, hands free is set on for Bluetooth devices and wired headsets, (I've also tried turning wired headsets off), Bluetooth headset is set to record audio. I'm yet to try my wife's watch. Can I pair it to my phone whilst it's paired to hers? Thank you again.
Learner

Also, just to reiterate, ok Google works fine for everything else: txt messages, navigation, Google search, opening apps etc.. The watch simply won't respond to any phone call related functions, either incoming or commanding an outgoing call. Thank you.
Solution
Recommended by topic author Jdub1206
December
Learner

Sorted! We swapped watches, reset / re-paired and for some reason both now work. I think in my blurry early Christmas morning set up I must have accidentally pressed deny when asked if the watch could manage calls! Thank you again for your help. Merry Christmas!