account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pop out core unit from stainless steel strap

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Unable to pop out core unit from stainless steel strap

Hi, I am unable;e to pop out the core unit from the stainless steel strap body. I couldn't find anything online that shows the process. Also, can I swap the metallic strap with leather and other straps? where can I buy these ? Regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to pop out core unit from stainless steel strap

Hey!

I understand that it may be a bit difficult to figure out since there are no edges or cutouts to adjust in order to pop the core unit out. I took some pictures for you:
smartwatch 3.jpg
Basically what you need to do is that you gently but firmly press downwards on the display next to the edge in order to pop it out. Make sure that it is on the same side as the microUSB-port, which you can recognize by there not being a small hole on the front (and a microUSB port on the back). I marked the photo I took with green as to where you need to press, and red on the side which you shouldn't press down on. 

Once popped out, it'll look like this:
smartwatch31.jpg

Let me know if it's still unclear! smile happy

Regarding if you can exchange the strap, it is entirely possible. smile happy Simply get a different strap and insert the core unit. Unfortunately I can't assist you in where to get it since it varies depending on market, but see if your local retailers can assist you in that regard!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

2 REPLIES
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hey!

I understand that it may be a bit difficult to figure out since there are no edges or cutouts to adjust in order to pop the core unit out. I took some pictures for you:
smartwatch 3.jpg
Basically what you need to do is that you gently but firmly press downwards on the display next to the edge in order to pop it out. Make sure that it is on the same side as the microUSB-port, which you can recognize by there not being a small hole on the front (and a microUSB port on the back). I marked the photo I took with green as to where you need to press, and red on the side which you shouldn't press down on. 

Once popped out, it'll look like this:
smartwatch31.jpg

Let me know if it's still unclear! smile happy

Regarding if you can exchange the strap, it is entirely possible. smile happy Simply get a different strap and insert the core unit. Unfortunately I can't assist you in where to get it since it varies depending on market, but see if your local retailers can assist you in that regard!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Emir !

That was a great description of the process. Quite surprised I havent seen the procedure elsewhere online.

Thanks once again!

Cheers