account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Support for camera remote control

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Support for camera remote control

Hi, I can take photos using my SWR50 with Google Camera, but not with Xperia Z2 camera using with Android 4.4.4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Re: Support for camera remote control

Solved on Xperia Z2 firmware 5.1.1

But can't hide the App on the watch:

DSC_1035.JPG

Is there any way to hide the app?

12 REPLIES 12
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Not sure if it will work in your case but I am using the PixtoCam app which works very good for me.

Adviser
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

the camera remote app on the the smartwatch 3 has stopped working since the last update and wont connect to the phone and the icon shows as an android icon and the name is in the com. blah blah format 

any ideas?

Sage
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

I have just moved from an XZ running KitKat (still) to a Z3+ running Lollipop. The Action Camera remote control worked well with my QX100 on the XZ, but as you say there is a peculiar .COM label in the SW3 start menu, which does nothing, and the Action Camera App on the SW3 opens an Action Camera app on the phone. This has an icon at top left, which on clicking will find the QX100 if it is already linked, but a message comes up saying it is an unsupported device. Either Sony haven't bothered to test it running under Lollipop, or they've stopped supporting the excellent Lens cameras they have made

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Solved on Xperia Z2 firmware 5.1.1

But can't hide the App on the watch:

DSC_1035.JPG

Is there any way to hide the app?

Apprentice
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

The "unnamed" app does look very nasty like this..

Sage
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

There's recently been a PlayMemories Mobile App update. The following sequence now allows the Action Camera app on the SW3 tgo work - Connect your lens Camera using NFC - I have the QX100 - to your Smartphone. This will load the PlayMemories app on you phone, and connect the two devices. Then run the Action Camera app on your SW3. This will run the ActionCamera app on your phone, and after a bit (doesn't work straight away) this app connects to the Lens Camera. The ActionCamera app on the SW3 has 3 tabs - first one starts and stops videoing, second takes a picture, and third gives a one off preview of what the Lens Camera currently sees (you can refresh it). Nice to see this working again, although I'm not sure why it has to run a separate app on the phone.

Sage
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

And yes, the Com.sonymobile.cameracommon.wearablebridge.remot... "app" still shows on the SW3, and clicking on it shows a Camera icon with a line through it on the SW3. If you don't click on it, it soon ends up at the bottom of the SW3 start menu, though

Jex
Visitor
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Any solution about the nasty icon on the sw3?
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Nobody knows how to hide the icon.