account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony released a dedicated SmartWatch 3 app for watch faces

Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Sony released a dedicated SmartWatch 3 app for watch faces

Today Sony released a new app to the Play Store where you can customise watch faces for your SmartWatch 3. It's rumored that Sony will extend the compatibility of this app to future SmartWatch 4 (which should be announced on IFA next week).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.wearable.watchface2

If you found this post useful, feel free to kudo it and mark it as the accepted solution so that other users facing the same issue can find the post
8 REPLIES
Sage
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sony released a dedicated SmartWatch 3 app for watch faces

Thanks for the heads up on this app - just downloaded it. Anyone any comments on it?

Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

For now, on Z2 it only supports time and date. Perhaps after IFA, further add-ons will be released. 

Thanks @Quester.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I tried it already, played a bit with a watch face called "Classis", I could change the background, arms, colours, time markers, etc. I think it only works with Sony watch faces at the moment as I couldn't edit some 3rd barty watch faces installed. You can access it from inside Android Wear app by choosing a compatible watch face and clicking on the "Gear" icon on its center.

If you found this post useful, feel free to kudo it and mark it as the accepted solution so that other users facing the same issue can find the post
Sage
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

There appear to be only 3 widgets that you can show, in three places - Date, Steps, & Week number. Of these, the only one I want is Date, which is already on many other watchfaces. Am I missing something here?

Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Nope, these are the current possibilities, but we can always expect more in future updates.

Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

An update was released today to the app featuring some new and interesting changes:

- New watch faces: Abstract and Active.
- New widgets: World clock, Compass, Calendar, and Digital time.
- All digital watch faces are now able to show the time in 12-hour format.

This app is getting more and more functions with every release, I highly recommend installing it and playing with the current features. Expect more in the future with this rate of updates.

Adviser
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I found these watch faces were the best on battery life than the other watchface apps out there, probably becasue they dont do alot other than show time, date, steps.

Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

An update was released few days ago to the app featuring some new and interesting changes, in addition to some bug fixes:

- New watch face: Modern
- New widget: Watch battery
- New black and white backgrounds for some watch faces