account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Smartwatch 3 update problem

Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Sony Smartwatch 3 update problem

After the last update(6.0.1) my SW3 is very slow. I tried factory reset, but it's the same. What is the solution of this problem?
11 REPLIES
Visitor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Sony Smartwatch 3 update problem

I have the same problem with my SW3!
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

@zozi06

@scorpiomega

It can be the effect of an app not fully optimized with Android Wear 1.4 (6.0.1), it's hard to know which app is causing this.

Try unpair the watch, and before pairing it again to the phone do uninstall Android Wear app from phone and restart it.

If you found this post useful, feel free to kudo it and mark it as the accepted solution so that other users facing the same issue can find the post
Learner
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I tried to uninstall all wear apps and I unpaired the watch and I paired it again. The watch does the same, it is slow when I switch it on with default sony watch face, when I open either app.
Visitor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I tried the same things and nothing changed! :-( Has anybody a good idea?
One time poster
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, I also have the SW3, and since the last update, it so so slow to swipe between the menus or when i wake her up !!

I'm almost "happy" to see I'm not alone, and hope a fix will come very soon !

Learner
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Please post what configuration have.

FOR A TEST TRY DO THIS:

Unpair the phone with SMARTWATCH 3  and resync Applications from ANDROID WEAR APP ON THE PHONE.

Have you got WIFI-ON ? => put OFF

Have you got postion on => puf OFF

Have you got GESTURE ON? => PUT OFF

If you have a APP for TIME not the default one, please delete it from the PHONE, and use the Watch default one (for test).

Try now  if it is better.

Visitor
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Problem with Sony Support via phone

Anyone else finding it frustrating to get a straight answer from Xperia support about your watch you sent in after it crashed when you updated it. I called 6 times to get an order number (Really? There is only ONE person who gives out order numbers in the entire corporation? One? ) and now called 3 times to find out where my watch is in process of repair or replacement. No one knows anything and every time I call I am PROMISED that they will get back to me only to have them NOT get back to me. 

For such a large corporation, they certainly have no systems in place for handling this kind of support issue well. I wish I never bought the watch. At least that has been my very bad, frustrating experience. 

After I updated the software, the watch jumped all over the place, enlarging the screen, freezing, going from one screen to another without provocation. 

Sent in the watch after 6 calls to get an order number and now waiting (and 3 calls later with no answer) when it will be sent back to me. They couldn't find the tracking number the first time so if you do have to send your watch im-make sure you keep it. 

Visitor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

My watch jumped all over, enlarging the screen and going from one screen to another without provocation. If you send it in in the U.S., be careful. The number for US customer Support are not good about communicating. Keep your tracking number as the US Center lost mine. Lucky I had it or I would be out a watch. Customer support is not good at getting back to you if they say they will. They won't. I have placed 9 calls to get an order number and check on the status of my watch. 

Elite
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@4bees

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, I understand how frustrating it is, but there are different repair centers in different countries, don't assume nor suggest users not to contact or send their devices. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)