account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch SW2 pairing with smartphone is failing

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Smartwatch SW2 pairing with smartphone is failing

Hello, earlier this week I bought my SW2 which I properly configured with success, ie when I switched on the SW and the mobile the 2 devices were correctly found and paired...

... but unfortunately the day after as soon as I retried to establish the bluetooth connection for the 2nd time, I coulnd't be able to do that.

From the mobile's BT settings, the SW2 was seen as available device, but when attempting to pair it, noticed that the SW2 connection moved to paired devices BUT just for 1 second or so, quickly coming back as available (but unpaired) device. 

Simulateneosuly, on the SW's screen the 2 devices' icon with a progressing "search" bar was displaye, replaced by a tag sign (V) whenever a pairing attempt action started from the mobile on my side...

... so, NO way to re-establish the BT connection btw the 2 devices from that time on.

Because of this, I did the following:

1. reset the SW at factory's defaults;

2. same as #1 on the smartphone;

I then reinstalled either Smart Connect and Smartwatch SW2 app's hoping to get the same positive outcome as the day before, but unfortunately this was not the case.... the mobile still sees the SW as available but any pairing attempt has been unsuccessful.

Could somebody pls help and give me some useful hints to solve the issue ?

Feel free to ask for any further questions and/or clarifications as needed to better understand the root cause of the problem and identify a proper solution.

I'd really appreciate any feedback from your side and let me thank u in advance for it.

PS: the mobile in use is a Huawei G610 with Android 4.2.1

5 REPLIES
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smartwatch SW2 pairing with smartphone is failing

@Franco64

could you test a different phone? just to narrow down the issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Tks, sure... i'll try next monday with any of my colleagues... but not sure i could find somebody with a relatively old phone as mine (equivalent OS version)
Does this matter?
Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@Franco64

It doesn't matter, what I want to test is the SmartWatch2 and see if it has a hardware issue, if it's unable to pair with any phone, perhpas there's a hardware issue with the SW2.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hello, just tried to paire with another phone (Samsung S3 w/Android 4.4.2) and the pairing was SUCCESSFULL as it was for me at my 1st attempt on thursday last week.

I'll detect connection btw the 2 devices today for the reminder of the day and will retry late this afternoon with my phone as asson as I'll get my wearable back at home (I left the swatch to my brother for the test with a different phonethis morning and will have to wait until he's back from work)...

Any idea ... ? What's the next step now with my phone ?

Consider that I've already reset my phone to the factory's defaults with the issue persisiting as described here in my original post.

Tks

Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hello, any suggestion ?  tx