account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Smartwatch 3 voice commands not working

One time poster

Smartwatch 3 voice commands not working

OK so I had a quick browse through some similar sounding problems on here but didnt seem to find the exact issue I am having. 

First of all I can still sent messages through the hangouts app, and the messenger app. Google translate also still works. So it doesnt seem to be a hardware issue with the microphone.

What doesnt work however is any command that I try and use after the OK Google command, or swiping across 3 times to get the voice command prompt, including setting a timer(something that i had quickly gotten used to doing), sending a message or checking what time it is elsewhere in the world.

What usually happens when I try any voice command is it sits on the speak now icon, the circle pulsates with my voice, but nothing else happens, besides occasionally miss understanding what it is i said, eg saying set a timer for 16 minutes and it googles halberds or something else totally irrelevant.  

Tried quite a few things, including uninstalling and reinstalling the android wear app, factory resetting the watch (3 or 4 times for both). For the record the watch was purchased about 3 months ago and was working like a dream until about a week ago.

Thanks for any assistance