account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch 3 voice commands not working

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Smartwatch 3 voice commands not working

OK so I had a quick browse through some similar sounding problems on here but didnt seem to find the exact issue I am having. 

First of all I can still sent messages through the hangouts app, and the messenger app. Google translate also still works. So it doesnt seem to be a hardware issue with the microphone.

What doesnt work however is any command that I try and use after the OK Google command, or swiping across 3 times to get the voice command prompt, including setting a timer(something that i had quickly gotten used to doing), sending a message or checking what time it is elsewhere in the world.

What usually happens when I try any voice command is it sits on the speak now icon, the circle pulsates with my voice, but nothing else happens, besides occasionally miss understanding what it is i said, eg saying set a timer for 16 minutes and it googles halberds or something else totally irrelevant.  

Tried quite a few things, including uninstalling and reinstalling the android wear app, factory resetting the watch (3 or 4 times for both). For the record the watch was purchased about 3 months ago and was working like a dream until about a week ago.

Thanks for any assistance 

1 REPLY
One time poster
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Smartwatch 3 voice commands not working

Hey O,

Had the same thing so try this fix:

Ensure your Google Playstore is at its latest version. After that re-install/update your Android Wear application on your phone. whilst you are there, you may as well update all the apps on your phone relating to the SW3.

Hope this works for you.

Dan