account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch 3 swr50 and bluetooth

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Smartwatch 3 swr50 and bluetooth

Hey.

Is it possible to connect the Smartwatch 3/swr50 to both bluetooth headset and a HBR like Polar heart beat rate band at the sime time?

And use smartwarch 3 bluetooth headset and HBR with endomondo without a phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adept
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Re: Smartwatch 3 swr50 and bluetooth

It seems like ghostracer will be able do the trick http://bravetheskies.com/ghostracer/
12 REPLIES
Elite
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

@baastrup

You will need a phone for the SW3 which is powered by Android Wear

https://www.android.com/wear/check/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

I have a android phone.

but I only want to "run" with smartwatch + endomondo + bluetooth headset + bluetooth Harte rate monitor

is that posible? 

Elite
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

@baastrup

You can use the SW3 by itself but not to sync other devices, perhaps @Rickard could correct me if I'm wrong. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Can both a bluetooth headset and a bluetooth heart rate monitor be connected to the watch at the same time?

Elite
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

@baastrup

You will have to test it, I don't have a heart rate monitor to test my SW3, sorry.  

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

The specification i have only states support for headsets.

For local device to device communications, SWR50 supports the bluetooth profiles A2DP (audio streaming) and AVRCP (remote control like play and pause). The heart rate monitors i've read about requires additional bluetooth support so i'm not sure if you even can connect a heart rate monitor directly to SWR50.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

@Rickard is that something you will investigate with Sony internal?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

I believe it's more of a question for the manufactorer of the heart rate monitor really. It would be up to the maker of the HRM to make a product that supports direct connection with an Android Wear device by providing an app for it and by using said bluetooth profiles. But i'm afraid i doubt you'll find one sad The ones i've seen uses either ANT+ or BLE and needs to be connected to a phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

It seems like ghostracer will be able do the trick http://bravetheskies.com/ghostracer/