account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Smartwatch 3 connecting problems with Xperia Z5 - Bluetooth connection does not work constant

Regular
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Smartwatch 3 connecting problems with Xperia Z5 - Bluetooth connection does not work constant

Hello!

I bought an Xperia Z 5 and a Smartwatch 3 (SW3). The SW3 didn't connect with the Z 5. I tought the SW3 was defectiv. So I changed the SW3 into a new one and I changed the Xperia Z 5 cause of clouding in the Display and got also a new one. After installing new firm ware to the SW3 I was happy that new SW3 worked with new Z5.

Bluetoothconnection doesn't work all the time. It depends on luck if it works or not.

I did factory resetting. It worked agin. After serveral hours of not using bluetooth didn't connect agin.

Reset agin. Again I didn't use the SW3 for 3 hours.

Bluetooth connection sometimes worked, sometimes not.

SW3 was direct next to the phone on SW3. By the way WLAN, GPS, Bluetooth were NOT disabled!

Android wear and the other needes Apps were aktually. No other Watch Faces were installed.

At least I deaktivated Antivirus Avira App on my Phone deinstalled Android Ware and resetted SW3, but always the same problem.

After "OK google" voice command it recognises that I've said OK google but then display shows disconnected grey screen and on the front screen the disconnected cloud. Exactly the same like two other persons allready postet in this forum and also in a germand android-help forum.

Always when I reset the SW3 to factory settings it works as long as the SW3 is in use. Are you sure anymore that SW3 and Z5 are compatibel?

Excuse for my bad english. If you cannot help me, I have to give SW3 back to the shop.

Spendet so much time and patience now with it but no success.

For information: As I allready tested SW3 and OK google command worked well with LG 2 Phone without any problems.

There are NO energy saving settings on the Z5 activated!!!

Greetings Claudia

23 REPLIES 23
Emperor
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Smartwatch 3 connecting problems with Xperia Z5 - Bluetooth connection does not work constant

@Claudia71

The SW3 works fine with my Z5, uninstall any taskillers, antivirus, battery apps, Ram apps on your phone  and disable stamina mode.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

Re: Smartwatch 3 connecting problems with Xperia Z5 - Bluetooth connection does not work constant

I don't have antivirus apps, battery apps or ram apps. And stamnia mode is not activatet. What could be taskkillers for example?
Regular
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

Before I startet Xperia Z 5 I made Mobile Transfer from Xperia Z Ultra wich is connectet with Smartwatch 2. Perhaps that is the Problem. Deinstalling all SW2 apps did not help. Now I repaired Software of Z5 and startet new without Mobile Transfer. I will see how long it works now with SW3 :-)
Emperor
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

@Claudia71

if you go to the playstore and type task killers/taskiller you will know what I mean, it will close all the apps, also do you have any cache clean master?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

No, I've no taskkiller apps and no cache clean masters.
After I set up the system of Z5 without Mobile Transfer it works fine. I hope it will stay as good as now :-)
I'll see tomorrow.
Thanks for the moment!
Emperor
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

@Claudia71

Keep us updated. 

Regular
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Yes of course!
Regular
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Seems that it works now constantly :-)
Emperor
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

@Claudia71

That's great.