account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Smartwatch 3 connecting problems with Xperia Z5 - Bluetooth connection does not work constant

Regular
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Smartwatch 3 connecting problems with Xperia Z5 - Bluetooth connection does not work constant

Same Problems as I wrote below startet again. Google command does'nt work.
Battery of Z5 has only 20% and SW3 was'nt in use for 3 hours.
When I wipe away screen lock on the Z5 it gives the google command sound as often as I tryed on SW3, but no google window opens. I am confused.
Restartet SW3 and controlled WLAN, GPS, they were O.K. stamnia mode is still disabled.
The only thing I did today was installing Sony SBH headset. Now I deinstalled it, thinking this might be the problem but still does'nt work.
I think the Problem is the Z5.
Could there be any other battery settings which could cause the problem?
Highlighted
Regular
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

Re: Smartwatch 3 connecting problems with Xperia Z5 - Bluetooth connection does not work constant

I'm having about the same problems with my 4 day old Z5 and my Pebble Time smartwatch. It disconnects at random times. Sometimes it automatically reconnects, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't reconnect automatically, I need to do it manually in the settings menu. No such problems with my Z3, so I don't think the problem is in the Pebble Time.

I enabled Bluetooth Snoop logging in Developer Options and tried to analyze the logfile with Wireshark but as I don't know anything about the BT-stack, I have no idea what I am looking for. But I don't see anything that gives an indication why it disconnects. I do see some Disconnect requests and responses but they don't match the time the connections gets lost. (in fact, it matches the time I reconnect)

I disabled all possible energy saving options I could find, removed all pre-installed bloatware which included AVG and Lookout.

Regular
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

My phone has been replaced so I tried again. Still no luck...

I found out it has quite similar problems with my BT carkit and also with my BT headphones. The carkit never reconnects automatically, the headphones about 50% of the attempts.

All these devices work flawlessly with my Xperia Z3, so there is no doubt it's 'something' in my Z5.

Regular
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

Z5: Bluetooth is wrecked

Hi,

Currently I'm having my Z5 for about 2 weeks now and I'm facing several problems with Bluetooth:

Pebble Time (smartwatch):
The connection gets disconnected 24/7. It varies from several times a day to even several times an hour. Most of the time it gets reconnected automatically but every 2 to 3 days, I need to reconnect it manually in the Pebble Time-app.

Philip SHB5800 (headset):
Once it's paired, the connection stays 'up' for as long as I'm playing music. Once it turn the headset of and on again, I need to reconnect it manually in most cases. Perhaps it reconnects automatically if I wait any longer, I haven't tested that out yet.

Pioneer DEH4600BT (car radio w/ carkit):
Same as SHB5800: Once it turn it of and on again, the connection needs to be established manually. Besides that, I cannot listen to music from my Z5 while I was able to do so with my previous Z3.

Because the problem started with the Pebble Time (I didn't hookup the headset and carkit yet), I started disabling all energy saving options I could possibly find. No success. Also after a factory reset and a restart in Safe Mode, nothing changed.

In a search for clues, I enabled "Bluetooth Snoop logging" in Developer Options and opened the logfile with Wireshark. But as I'm not a BT-guru, I wasn't able to find any clues. I couldn't find any time out or disconnect requests matching the time of the disconnects.

I didn't have any of these issues with my Xperia Z3. And because I noticed these problems already in the first few days, T-Mobile swapped my Z5 for another Z5, but still no luck. And because I'm very satisfied with the Z5, I don't want to get another type/brand.

While searching online, I found out I'm certainly not the only one. If you hit the right keywords, you'll be able to find more similar problems, even on this page. So the question is if Sony is going to fix it and if so, when?

By the way: Firmware version is 32.0.A.6.200 (R7B - T-Mobile NL)

Emperor
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

Re: Z5: Bluetooth is wrecked

@iotkb

could you test the device on >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

Hi Uliwooly,

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately the Pebble requires it's app to be connected. In safe mode, it's impossible to test.

I got a tip to test "adb shell pm hide com.sonymobile.playanywhere" but I already tried it earlier. No success...

It seems like my headset reconnects without a hassle when I power up the headset while the Z5's display is active. When it's inactive, it's more like a lottery. I don't know if the Pebble Time has the same characteristics, simply because I don't use my phone all day long ;-)

Emperor
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

@iotkb

and just to double check, you don't have stamina mode on nor any other battery app, or clean master, taskiller, antivirus, etc?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

Check. I disabled evertyhing I could find in relation to energy savings. And I don't use any of those "system tools"

I'm about to flash firmware .152. Hopefully the problems don't appear with that firmware...

Emperor
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

@iotkb

keep us updated

Regular
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

I was being advised by Sony Webcare to run a software repair from Xperia Companion. This is what I just did, so now I'm waiting... :-)

If it doesn't help, I will flash .152 to see if it gets any better.