account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch 3 Not working with Lifelog app AT ALL!

Visitor
Message 11 of 28
Message 11 of 28

Re: Smartwatch 3 Not working with Lifelog app AT ALL!

I'm exactly having the same pb , the lifelog won't connect to smartwatch 3 at all, anyone from Sony really is gonna help us on this?

Adviser
Message 12 of 28
Message 12 of 28

I cant get it to work, sony when are you come to the party.

One time poster
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

I am haviong exactly the same problem..... SONY can we get an official reply??

Regular
Message 14 of 28
Message 14 of 28

Have the same problem, cannot get the SWR50 to sync data to Lifelog. Have tried everything, I have the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. Is there any guide or someone to help?
Regular
Message 15 of 28
Message 15 of 28

Only thing I've confirmed so far is that the Lifelog app will not appear anywhere on the swr50, fair enough but the problem is that it will not sync any data!!!
Regular
Message 16 of 28
Message 16 of 28

Ok, what I know is that the app itself will not show up on the watch according to product description but it should sync steps.
I have tried everything but can't get it to work.
Can anyone who has gotten it working give us a few pointers?
One time poster
Message 17 of 28
Message 17 of 28

The app had only permissions to read "fit" profile data at. something skin not go there, please .... Sony fix
Apprentice
Message 18 of 28
Message 18 of 28

Same on my side. Since some days my Smartwatch 3 does not sync data with Lifelog anymore. The data is only collected by the phone but not by the Smartwatch 3. Google fit is working fine at the same time. Example for not working things are step counters. Watch shows the steps but they are not synced with Lifelog. Fit shows the steps from the watch. Otherwise Lifelog can sync with phone (Sony Z5). The steps counted when the phone is in pocket are synced in Lifelog.

Sony Z5: 32.1.A.1.185 (6.0)

Smartwatch 3: MEC24H

Android Wear: 1.4.0.2715035

Google Play Service: 9.0.83 (530-121911109)

Android OS Watch: 6.0.1

Apprentice
Message 19 of 28
Message 19 of 28

My SmartWatch 3 registered steps until Marshmallow update. When I first started using my SW 3, I had my phone paired with my SWR 10 and never encountered any problems using Lifelog with all my devices.

After I had my phone updated to Marshmallow, the watch stopped counting steps, and didn't keep track of my location anymore. The phone did, but not the watch. I still got Lifelog's notifications on my SW 3, though.

I figured out that I had to enable Lifelog's location tracking through the settings menu on the watch (swipe from right to left, tap on 'settings' in the app list, tap on 'permissions', tap on 'Lifelog', make sure that 'Location' is enabled). Lifelog also needs location access via the phone settings.
This should set right location tracking via SW 3, so that Lifelog registers your location even when you don't take your phone with you.

Steps are still not counted. There's no option in the watch's settings to enable 'sensors' for Lifelog, as there is for Google Fit. Maybe that's the problem??

I'd appreciate a solution to this.
Apprentice
Message 20 of 28
Message 20 of 28

Yes i noticed that before, but yes you can be right. Seems that they missed to set rights in the application for the watch.