account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SmartWatch 3 and Lifelog (and Walkman)

TCo
Adept
Message 71 of 77
Message 71 of 77

Re: SmartWatch 3 and Lifelog (and Walkman)

@swr50 wrote:
Hi TCo
Heart rate sensor is not present in Smartwatch 3 so we will never see it in any app with this hardware. Maybe next year in SW4 if ever.

I know this watch doesn't heart rate sensor, what i meant is support for external heart rate monitor. I have Runtastic Bluetooth Smart Combo HRM, which is very reliable and battery lasts forever, so IMO there's no need for sensor in watch. But at the moment there's no "stand-alone" app for the watch with support for external BT HRM. I hope Runtastic will make one soon, i don't believe Lifelog will ever work like i thought it would.

Adviser
Message 72 of 77
Message 72 of 77

Hi TCO

I also have an external Heart rate Sensor and with the Edmondo app there is also Edmondo running on the watch - so I can see the heartrate on the watch while exercising . but I think the phone need tp be with you...

TCo
Adept
Message 73 of 77
Message 73 of 77

I think Endomondo works only as a remote for phone app, just like Runtastic does. And that's how Runtastic worked with SW2 too, so nothing new here yet. Only difference is that SW3 Runtastic app doesn't show heart rate on the watch, like it did on SW2, so Endomondo is probably better choice at the moment if you like to monitor heart rate constantly. I usually wear headphones and Runtastic tells me when heart rate zone changes and that's good enough for me.

Maybe someday all this can be done without phone. It's ok to carry a phone when it's cold and you have to wear clothes (with pockets), but in the summer i'd like to run without phone. Only watch on the wrist and BT headphones on the head and track everything.

Apprentice
Message 74 of 77
Message 74 of 77

Okay, anyone else had this? Just had a Lifelog card on the SW3. Not a notification on the phone, not a goal reached, but current running status (which was none on work day).
Talent
Message 75 of 77
Message 75 of 77

Just got a Lifelog goal reached card on my SW3. Same notification on my phone...

DSC_0010.JPG

Highlighted
Adept
Message 76 of 77
Message 76 of 77

Mine keep mentioning that I was running while I was either walking or stationary
One time poster
Message 77 of 77
Message 77 of 77

Hi there,

I've read through the 8 pages of thread discussion on here, as I've just purchased an SW3 and have a Xperia Z5 compact.

However...getting Lifelog on the watch has been and is being a right pain. The furthest I've got is a message coming up on the SW3 saying that the Lifelog has been installed. I'm hoping that over some hours then it may appear in the list of apps on the SW3 and the step part of the watch face syncs to Lifelog. (I've got ifit and google fit switched off)