account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SmartWatch 3 Strap

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

SmartWatch 3 Strap

Hi, all,

Hopefully a Sony representative can give me some definitive answers here.

The metal bracelet for my SWR50 has broken, and my local Sony repair centre tells me that it is unrepairable. I asked if I could then buy a whole replacement strap, and that came back negative as well. Here in the UAE, there is no support for the SWR50. They were not interested in offering any advice at all.

I have scoured the internet looking for a new strap - either metal, black or an adapter (just not white, green or pink!). Everyone who has looked, on independent forums, as well as official Sony sites, has come up empty handed. One must either buy a new watch, or consign it to the scrap heap.

I quite like my watch, and it works well, so I'd like to get it back in action. 

As mentioned, Sony UAE are not interested, and the Sony UK eshop only offers white or pink straps, but no option to purchase.

Please can someone from Sony tell me where I can get a new strap? And whether there is any support anywhere for the SWR50?

Thanks in advance,

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: SmartWatch 3 Strap

Search on shapeways.com. You'll find 3d printed mounts for the watch and then you can use any strap you like.

5 REPLIES 5
Apprentice
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

With the flood of replies to this post, I can safely assume that everyone has lost interest with support for Sony's Smartwatch 3.

Shame, I shan't be bothering with Sony again in the near future...

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Search on shapeways.com. You'll find 3d printed mounts for the watch and then you can use any strap you like.

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I share your pain, I've contacted Sony support in UK but I'd advise you not to waste your time. Don't know why Sony would peddle it as interchangeable straps when you can't get the straps. If your watch breaks it's the recycling bin folks and replace with non-Sony 

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I have the same problem with my black silicone bracelet and I simply can't find replacement, only choice is to buy whole watch!?!

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I'm on my third whole new watch and the only option is holding it together with electric tape or just bin it and hope tey hurry up on SmartWatch 4.