account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Smart watch 3 not counting steps

Learner
Message 11 of 64
Message 11 of 64

Re: Smart watch 3 not counting steps

I have the same problem.

How we can solve the problem? 

One time poster
Message 12 of 64
Message 12 of 64

Same issue, messed about with loads of setting to no avail. If I figure it out I will post. Might be an issue that we can't fix? 

One time poster
Message 13 of 64
Message 13 of 64

I had the same problem but this morning I unpaired and paired again and it seems to now be counting steps.  I wish I would have tried this last week,  I had a very busy weekend and would have loved to see how many steps I took! 

Visitor
Message 14 of 64
Message 14 of 64

Same here, started some weeks back. Works couple of days, then stops counting. Might work in other watch faces that keep track of steps, or not. Tried remove and reinstall the app, Lifelog and Google fit, sometimes it helps sometimes not, unpaired and repair the watch, might work. Restart phone and watch in different orders, can help but usually not. After I get it working it will work some days and then stop.

The only thing that might be a common factor is low battery. Seem that if the battery runs low in watch or phone, this could be a reason, like something is shut down to save battery but won't start up again, or it is just a coincident... 😝 

Apprentice
Message 15 of 64
Message 15 of 64

Another one with the problem - have unpaired, reset and resynced but no luck. It has to be something Sony is aware of.

One time poster
Message 16 of 64
Message 16 of 64

The watch doesn't show my steps anymore and the weather widget just keeps stopping every 5 minutes.@ Automat  Please give me a proper solution

Rookie
Message 17 of 64
Message 17 of 64

Screenshot_20180508-131058.jpg

Apprentice
Message 18 of 64
Message 18 of 64

I have completed repair and watch started counting steps and overnight reverted to zero and is now not recording steps again.  Where do we go from here.

Rookie
Message 19 of 64
Message 19 of 64

No idea so far. No further recommendations from Sony at that point.

I now contacted Google in order to figure out if it might possibly be an Android issue since I assume this is somehow related to the Oreo update.

Apprentice
Message 20 of 64
Message 20 of 64

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Wear OS App on phone and reconnected watch to phone again and all seems well into second day with watch resetting step count.