account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Smart watch 3 not counting steps

Learner
Message 51 of 65
Message 51 of 65

Re: Smart watch 3 not counting steps

Hi, 

I've got another solution for me. Definitely I've recognized  that the problem is with new Google play services with old fit app on wear. When GPServices weren't updated, steps were counted, after update, counting stops. 

So, I've updated GPServices to newest version (had to sideloaded) and then grabbed fit app for wear os from apkmirror (2.01.18-230) and sideloaded as well. In wear app, pushed login, which opened play store on phone,  installed fit app there, login, and everything working now.

I trust  that instructions above working as well, but in my case, I have newer version, with new watch face.

Hope that help you as well. 😉

Regular
Message 52 of 65
Message 52 of 65

I tried this before and sync stops the next day. Only journaling syncs after that.

Did yours continue to sync steps and jounaling activities? If so are you using the latest versions of google fit apk's?

Regular
Message 53 of 65
Message 53 of 65

You need to download the drivers as stated in the tools you will need in my instructions to follow.
Did you do this?

Learner
Message 54 of 65
Message 54 of 65

Did it yesterday evening. Counting was OK and today started from 0 and counting ok too.

Have no latest, cause have toast notify on watch, that i have problems with GPServices, so downloaded version posted above, which working for me like charm .

Highlighted
Regular
Message 55 of 65
Message 55 of 65

Ok. I have done so. I will update you guys tomorrow as it is working now, but lets see if it works after tomorrow when google syncs with the watch services.

Holding thumbs!! Disappointed but relieved Face

Regular
Message 56 of 65
Message 56 of 65

No, your solution does not work for me. Google fit journalling stopped and step count stopped and workouts.

I do have the new Huawei Mate 20Pro with Android 9. This might be the issue im assuming? however the solution I provided with all the steps works for me 100%

One time poster
Message 57 of 65
Message 57 of 65

Cheers Mate worked a treat :-)

Spo
One time poster
Message 58 of 65
Message 58 of 65

Thanks, worked a treat.  Will any of the later fit app versions work?

Talent
Message 59 of 65
Message 59 of 65

Guys ALL was fixed in last official update by google! Lets go to update it! 

Regular
Message 60 of 65
Message 60 of 65

@Sarpi - this only works for a while and then the new version fit app on your phone eventually pushes out the new version to your SW3 and it will start failing there after.

The only solution is to download the phone fit app version 2.01.18-230 and install it, disable auto update on google play for fit and install fit wearOS version 2.01.18-230 on SW3