account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Smart watch 3 not counting steps

Talent
Message 41 of 65
Message 41 of 65

Re: Smart watch 3 not counting steps

And how can you connect it with your pc? I connect it with micro usb and my pc said : there isnt any controller. 

One time poster
Message 42 of 65
Message 42 of 65

I'm having the same issue people. Counts on watch if I use lifelong watch face but doesn't add them the the phone app. I'm using Sony XZ. Any new ideas?

Talent
Message 43 of 65
Message 43 of 65

Today i instal old android wear and google fit. Smartwatch 3 WORKS also WITHOUT smartphone! What you need? Today i try these old app versions Android wear 1-5-0-2951640 and google fit version 1.62.08-100

You must UNPAIR and UNINSTALL BOUTH app, BLOCK automatic updates on google store and instal these old versions on APKmirror web. Thats all

That was yesterday. It works but when i watch turn off and tomorrow (today) turn on it again doesnt work. Now i instaling all versions and i finding witch is best without problems (firs i finding wear google and g fit app). 

Talent
Message 44 of 65
Message 44 of 65

I think milmike rooted his smartwatch 3, but i want to find normal way with old newest apps without root

Talent
Message 45 of 65
Message 45 of 65

Ok i found it! Now i testing it

Learner
Message 46 of 65
Message 46 of 65

so whats the verdict. did you find a solution?

Rookie
Message 47 of 65
Message 47 of 65

no, my watch is not rooted, I don't even know how to do it. This is just a simple method for developers to update quickly their apps. All you need is to enable the developer mode on your watch, enable debugging and push the apk to the watch. I know it is not really simple but it worked for me.

Regular
Message 48 of 65
Message 48 of 65

Hi Everyone,

So I have been having the same issue for months now (Almost a year you can say). Because I am in the IT industry and run a business my time is limited and took me a long time to figure the fix to this google fit issue on a Sony SW3. I finally figured out what the issue is and how to fix it.

This is all due to the Wear version which is 1.5 on your Sony SW3 and not 2.0 and above which supports Play Store. Unfortunately you will have to be your own play store for lower versions.
The problem is with the Google fit App on your phone and Wear OS on your Sony SW3. These apps sync in the background to each other within seconds if the right .apk versions are installed.

You just need to install the right apks on both devices (Phone and Sony SW3), and everything will work smoothly 100%.

Tools you will need:

• USB to Micro USB DATA cable
  • Download the .rar file HERE called ADBStuff
  • Download THIS .apk to your phone
  • Download latest Wear OS if not done or installed already
  • Laptop/PC
  • ADB Drives software you can install THIS (this is the install and manual)

Steps to install:

1. Make sure your Sony SW is connected already to Wear OS app
  2. If you have google fit already installed, go to your settings>apps>fit>storage and clear all data and cache
  3. Uninstall Google Fit app
  4. Install the google fit app you downloaded above from "Tools you will need:", but do not run the setup to connect your google fit email account yet.
  5. Go to your settings>apps>Wear OS>storage and clear all data and cache
  6. Go to Wear OS app and open it, go to advanced settings and unpair your watch (this will reset you watch and the wear app to default and factory settings).
  7. Once the watch restarts pair the watch with Wear OS app by running through the setup
  8. After everything is done make sure to allow everything that the Wear OS app requests. (If you accidentally did not allow it you can allow everything again by going to your settings>apps>Wear OS>permissions and activate everything)
  9. Once the watch updated successfully and you see the time on the watch face, start clearing all the cards that pops up.
  10. After that you need to plug in your watch to the PC with USB cable as mentioned above from "Tools you will need:"
  11. Install ADB driver software and allow it to detect your watch it should say drive installed or you can install it (Manual is in the download link as well)
  12. Enable developer mode on your watch by swiping left, select settings, scroll down to about and select it, now tap continuously on "build number" until it says "you are now in developer mode"
  13. Swipe right and you will see "developer options" appear below about.
  14. Select Developer Options and enable ADB debugging. Once you enable it another popup will appear to ask you to "allow this computer always". Select that and OK
  15. Extract ADBStuff to a location (Note this locationis the route you will need for the next step)
  16. Open CMD and type in cd \(route)  EG: cd \Users\bboyspinks\Documents\ADBStuff and hit enter
  17. You need to update google play services. Type in this adb install -r C:\Users\bboyspinks\Documents\ADBStuff\googleplayservices.apk (Note bboyspinks is my user profile name. just follow your path with the apk at the end). If you have a profile name with spaces inbetween then use inverted commas like this adb install -r "C:\Users\bboy spinks\Documents\ADBStuff\googleplayservices.apk"
  18. Let this run until it says successful. It take about 2-5 minutes
  19. When this is done type in this adb install -r C:\Users\bboyspinks\Documents\ADBStuff\googlefitwearosold1.apk
  20. After this is down allow all permissions on watch for fit app, settings>permissions>fit and enable all
  21. You can now activate you google fit on your phone and run setup. Allow all permissions requested
  22. Once done go to fit app on your watch and run the setup. You will see blank details and it tried to load all the time. Let it load for 5 minutes. This is syncing data.
  23. After 5 minutes in CMD type this adb install -r C:\Users\bboyspinks\Documents\ADBStuff\googlefitwearosold2.apk
  24. After this is done you are all set. Keep the USB plugged in to your PC.
  25. You will see your data showing in the fit app on your Sony SW3.
  26. Now put your phone in your pocket and walk around (few steps)
  27. Come back and open the fit app on phone. Steps will change.
  28. Open Fit on watch and you will see the steps synced to your watch.
  29. Now disable google fit from updating in play store on your phone

That's it. Your devices are now synced with the google fit app.

This is a long process, the only process I found that really works as I tried everything.

Hope this works for you guys.

Let me know.

Regards,

Bboy Spinks

Talent
Message 49 of 65
Message 49 of 65

Today i will try it 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 50 of 65
Message 50 of 65

Make sure to disable Google fit update in play store on your phone as well.