account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Smart watch 3 not counting steps

One time poster
Message 1 of 65
Message 1 of 65

Smart watch 3 not counting steps

Smart watch 3 48e2 build number LCA43

I baught this last week and for some reason i cannot get it to count my steps

can i just use the watch by it self as i dont patuculy want to carry my mobile with me if im going out for exercise ?

64 REPLIES 64
One time poster
Message 2 of 65
Message 2 of 65

Re: Smart watch 3 not counting steps

Did you find a solution to this?

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 65
Message 3 of 65

Anything solution? Have the same issue. The Counter shows zero steps.

Talent
Message 4 of 65
Message 4 of 65

On the smartwatch, you need to go to

Settings >  Turn "Location" to "ON"

You should be able to go out for a workout without the phone, though will need to have an account with any of the tens of fitness apps available. Default are "Google Fit" and Sony "Lifelog".

All with their pros and cons, strenghts and weaknesses.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 65
Message 5 of 65

Thanks for the reply. But I have no Smartwatch. I have an Garmin Fitnesstracker and I must charge after 2 Weeks of using.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 65
Message 6 of 65

LarsM: you are the most random person of the day. You are replying a post on Sony forum, about a sony smartwatch 3!!!

Rookie
Message 7 of 65
Message 7 of 65

Same here: 

I'm using a Huawei P20 Pro (Huawei P10 until last week) & a Sony SW3 C13A. Since the Android 8 update (and now with 8.1) the watch doesn't show my steps anymore and the weather widget just keeps stopping every 2 minutes. So far nothing really helped (reset, re-sync, restart...). Location is “on“, by the way.

Any ideas? :/

One time poster
Message 8 of 65
Message 8 of 65

My smart watch is doing similar. No steps counted on the screen but in the Google Fit app steps are counted.

This is really annoying any ideas, I’ve tried swapping faces without success. 

One time poster
Message 9 of 65
Message 9 of 65

Same problems - this week. Suddenly all steps is zeron. Very annoying. So sad. It happend after I touched the screen not meaning to do it, suddenly changed clockface. When I vhanged back to Sony Classic, wich I like, step is zero for ever. Though google fit somehow register steps.

One time poster
Message 10 of 65
Message 10 of 65

I'm pretty sure that the problem is related to the recent update of Google Play Services. It seems that they forget all the old smartwatches. So, there's no solution.

Thanks Google