account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWR50 display problem

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

SWR50 display problem

My smartwatch 3 display light suddenly goes off, and the color became monochrome. i tried to change the brightness but no effect. I tried to factory reset it but the same problem still exist. Any solution for this problem?

5 REPLIES
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: SWR50 display problem

Hi @jcsadox,

I'm sorry to hear about your Smartwatch 3. sad

It sounds like it's hardware related, you could however try and repair the software in the watch using Xperia Companion, just to make sure that it's not caused by the software.

To repair the software in your watch you need a computer and a program called Xperia Companion which is available for both Windows and Mac.

Install the program on your computer and click on "Software repair", make sure that your watch isn't connected to your computer and click on the small text "Here" next to the your Smartwatch 3 and follow the instructions on your screen.

If there is no change after the software repair is completed, I would recommend getting in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you.

Let me know if that helps! smile happy

- Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

i hope i is a software problem so i can  fix it like your recommendation. thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi again!

Before you start with the repair of the software in your Smartwatch 3, if you haven't already started it, you can check if the setting for always on screen is turned on or off, I forgot to mention that in my previous post, I'm sorry about that.

On your phone, open the Android Wear app.

1.Touch Settings Settings.
2. Find “Always-on screen” and use the switch to turn on or off.

From your watch:

1. If your screen is dim, touch the screen to wake up the watch.
2. Swipe down from the top of the screen.
3. Swipe from right to left until you see Settings Settings, then touch it.
4. Touch Always-on screen to turn on or off.

Let me know if that works! smile happy

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

i'm sorry, but i already done that actually. every possible way from the phone, setting from the watch, adjust the brightness level, but the problem still exist. i have done the software reparing, but nothing changes. still the same : no light and monochrome. the watch still work, but it is too dark for me to see the notification and other function. i give up, because there is no sony local support in my hometown, maybe buying another one but not in the near time.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I understand. sad

I'm afraid there is no more troubleshooting to do since it's hardware related in your case.

Have you contacted your local support team and see if they can send you a shipping label or something similar? So you can send your Smartwatch to an authorized service centre, since you have non close to where you live.

If you bought it from a retailer, you can also visit them and ask how you can proceed with having it repaired!

I hope everything will work out in the end so you can enjoy your Smartwatch without having such a dark screen.