account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SW3 stuck on loading screen indefinitely

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

SW3 stuck on loading screen indefinitely

Two nights ago I received a notification on my SW3 that a software update was available so I initiated it and then left it plugged in to the charger overnight. When I awakened, the watch was stuck on the animated loading screen (the four yellow glyphs). I left it that way for another full day and finally decided to restart it. 

Now, it just gets stuck on that screen and will never fully boot up. I tried the following:

• Booted it into Recovery mode and tried Factory Reset. It still will not move past that screen.
  • Wipe all the data and cache and restarted. It still will not move past that screen.
  • I cannot use the PC Companion because the watch never fully boots up and PC Companion will not recognize that it is connected.

What can I do? Do I need to have it replaced?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Re: SW3 stuck on loading screen indefinitely

@aguerriero

You can boot to recovery mode, connect to PC Companion and perform a software repair. Check my post here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/SmartWatch-3/GUIDE-How-to-reset-unbrick-your-SmartWatch-3-if-it-s-tot...

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Have you held the button down until it hard resets?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi @aguerriero,

Welcome to the community.

Just to confirm, does it actually boot up in safe mode? Or is it still stuck in the boot loop?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi there @CameronT!

It will boot into Recovery mode, where I can select Fastboot and so on. From there I can initiate a factory reset but once it completes that process and begins to boot normally, it gets stuck at the animated loading screen again.

Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@aguerriero

You can boot to recovery mode, connect to PC Companion and perform a software repair. Check my post here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/SmartWatch-3/GUIDE-How-to-reset-unbrick-your-SmartWatch-3-if-it-s-tot...

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hi aguerriero,

were you able to resolve this?

It seems that the original question did not get resolved with the solution indicated here by Quester as you mentioned you still have the issue even though you followed that advice from other post to boot into Factory Reset mode. Not sure why the thread has been marked as Solve then.

Anyway, I have the same problem. It is stuck on booting with those coloured dots and doesn't pass it. I can go into Factory Reset and it just reboots and again it gets stuck on the same screen.

Can anyone help me, please?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Has anyone actually found a solution to this?

I have exactly the same problem. I've bought another watch but would still like to fix my old sw3. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@vranje wrote:

Hi aguerriero,

were you able to resolve this?

It seems that the original question did not get resolved with the solution indicated here by Quester as you mentioned you still have the issue even though you followed that advice from other post to boot into Factory Reset mode. Not sure why the thread has been marked as Solve then.

Anyway, ShowBox Mobdro TutuApp I have the same problem. It is stuck on booting with those coloured dots and doesn't pass it. I can go into Factory Reset and it just reboots and again it gets stuck on the same screen.

Can anyone help me, please?

I have the very same issue. I've purchased another watch however might in any case want to settle my old sw3.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I have tried to find drivers to use adb to reload a possible current or previous image, but it has been useless, the only drivers reported to work are the google nexus' and I haven´t been able to make the swr50 to be recognized by adb. Besides, I haven´t found any images to reload. It´s incredible that and official upgrade bricks the smart and you have to get it serviced with charge to make it work again; very bad, Sony.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I do everything u say but he still here not start plss help me