account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW3 left left behind for update?!

Learner

SW3 left left behind for update?!

Google just released a list with the Devices that will update to Android wear 2.0 and this Sony Smartwatch 3 isn't in the list?! And you guys still sell it as a wonderful product?! Where is your support here?

Tell me...where?

15 REPLIES
Talent

Re: SW3 left left behind for update?!

Where do you get the list ofDevices which will be updated to Android Wear 2.0?

From below list Sony haven't yet confirmed the update:

https://9to5google.com/2016/05/27/list-of-android-wear-watches-getting-the-android-wear-2-0-update/

And AFAIK google pushes the update to SW3 and not Sony.

Forum Legend

It might have been google's decision to drop the sony smart watch 3 not sony's. sony is committed in supporting their products , the sw3 even received latest December updated despite being released back in 2014. http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_smartwatch_3_starts_getting_december_security_update-blog-22253.php

their ces 2017 is coming and they might release a new product to succeed smartwatch 3

One time poster

Why does not Sony technical support say anything?
In reference to the non-update of Android Wear 2.0

Where is the technical service of sony in this forum?

Learner

Yeah! Where's Sony now?

Forum Legend

THis is a USER BASED forum. if you want to talk to sony reps try here---- Local support

Visitor

Android WEAR 2.0 for Smartwatch 3

Android WEAR 2.0 will be relaesed early February. When can we expect it for Smartwatch 3?

Elite

Re: Android WEAR 2.0 for Smartwatch 3

@Wear_user

no one knows which SmartWatches will receive this update. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor

SONY knows!

Elite

@Wear_user

actually, Google release Android Wear updates not Sony, so GOOGLE knows!

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)