account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

SW3 + Samsung S7

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

SW3 + Samsung S7

Evening all,

So I've spent the entire afternoon trying to get my new SW3 to work with my Samsung S7 Edge.

The watch pairs via bluetooth fine. However any app that needs to use/talk to the phone just sits there; I usually get a "Try again on your phone" error and occasionally then tells me that its disconnected.

Examples include but not limited to: Google Now/Ok Google voice commands. Playing music. 

Notifications seem to work.

Thus far I have done: complete factory resets of both phone and watch (I should point out that reseting my phone is no small move). Tried both the latest version and several older versions of Android Wear. Cleared both Google Play Services, and Android Wear cache/storage/etc.

Is this combo simply not compatible or do I have a dud watch?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Recommended by topic author Lurch_au
‎2016-08-11 04:20 AM
Visitor

Re: SW3 + Samsung S7

Alright.

The following is an admission that I'm an idiot.

As you may know, when you first connect a watch to AW it runs thru a bunch of stuff. One of the things tho pops up is "Updating....". So I assumed it was, you know... Updating.

Needless to say, late last night when I went digging through the settings menu on the actual watch, I found the ability to check for updates, and there was what I assume ALL of them. Must gone through 4 or 5 update cycles.

Anyway, it all works now.

Well, 'Play Music' will still only launch Google Music - but that's a whole other conversation.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Forum Legend

Solution
Recommended by topic author Lurch_au
‎2016-08-11 04:20 AM
Visitor

Alright.

The following is an admission that I'm an idiot.

As you may know, when you first connect a watch to AW it runs thru a bunch of stuff. One of the things tho pops up is "Updating....". So I assumed it was, you know... Updating.

Needless to say, late last night when I went digging through the settings menu on the actual watch, I found the ability to check for updates, and there was what I assume ALL of them. Must gone through 4 or 5 update cycles.

Anyway, it all works now.

Well, 'Play Music' will still only launch Google Music - but that's a whole other conversation.