account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Problems with gps and other permissions

Apprentice

Problems with gps and other permissions

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone. I have recently bought the smartwath 3 and I am not able to use local gps. If I open maps app in the wath I get a message that asks me permissions to use gps, when I click in the confirmation icon a popup apears saying "screen superposition" and the option to "open settings". when I click in the option nothing happens, the app opens with the map but no localozation.

I have tried to give permissions of gps to maps app in the permissionsection in settings of the watch, but the permission ins disabled and won´t change...

Any solution?, will I have to do something in the phone?.

Best regards and thank you in advance

Elite

Re: Problems with gps and other permissions

@DrJ76

That's rather odd, what if you factory reset the SW3 > sync it > try again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice

Buff, too much work to reinstall and reconfigure all again, grrr... no other idea?

Apprentice

Well, I have reset the watch to factory, an resync everything, and still the same problem, grrr

Elite

@DrJ76

On your phone 

uninstall android wear > restart the phone > reinstall android wear > check again, make sure that you check the app permissions

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice

I have done it and still the same...Could it be a hardware problem?, could it be defective?

Highlighted
Apprentice

I have found the solution. it was the app wear mini launcher that was preventing to give permissions, I had to uninstall it and give the rights and then installing it again.

Best regards and thank you very much for your help.