account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New owner of smartwatch 3, only about 12 hours battery life!

SOLVED
Highlighted
whc
Regular
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

New owner of smartwatch 3, only about 12 hours battery life!

Hi, seems I'm not the only one experience battery life problem on smartwatch 3. Just got the watch last week to use with my Xperia XZ, overall happy with the watch except the battery life.

Should last up to two days, but having hard time getting through one day, software up to date, tried reset and turning always on display off, still not lasting as it should.

Mostly use it for notification, some apps and sometimes music.

My Apple Watch Series 2 rated at up to 18 hours on the other hand lasts about two days, was expecting at least that on the SW3.

What is wrong, and have the battery become worse with later updates? Someone in here suggested it could be lifelog app causing this, but have no experience with it before latest update.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
whc
Regular
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Re: New owner of smartwatch 3, only about 12 hours battery life!

trenzterra wrote:
A fix was just rolled out yesterday night, and battery life is back to normal with lifelog!

Thanks for the info. Just updated earlier today, and reinstalled/activated Lifelog on the SW3 and phone, so far no battery drain and seams very stable batterylife, about 12 hours and down to 66% with estimated 22 hours battery left smile happy. One happy champ here.

Anyone else having this issue, updates Lifelog and go to Android Wear app and Synchronize apps again, to make sure the update is synced to your SW3.

Screenshot_20161019-235815.png

16 REPLIES
Elite
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

There's nothing wrong with it, the more apps you have synced with it and/or if you are using it to play music, it will drain the battery faster. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

whc
Regular
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

But 12 hours, not playing music, just notification, that does not seem right. I know playing music will drain the faster, but does not have more than a few apps that I do not use.

Have a lot more on my Apple Watch, 30 min gps and music, notification and apps, still on 64% after 12 hours.

Just notification on my SW3 and the battery dies in the evening 10-12 hours.

Just wondering if I got a bad one, or this is because of sw update or lifelog. Just do not know since I have no experience with it before I updated.

whc
Regular
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Screenshot_20161016-144918.png

Elite
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

I can't see the picture until it's approved by a moderator, I don't know how many hours do you keep the screen on, it'll be hard to assist you, but you could contact your Local support or factory reset it and check again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

whc
Regular
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

It is after 20 min run with GPS. About 30% down and established 6 hours left. That would make it last 8 hours.
Elite
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Ok, but aside from using the GPS, what else are you doing, are you keeping the screen on often? 

whc
Regular
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Trying to charge the watch to 100%, then reboot, read somewhere that could help.

Not doing other than receiving notification, screen is always on, tried to keep it off but did not have any noticeable improvements on battery. And the main reason for the transflective screen is so you can keep it on, and still use it in direct sunlight without the background light, liked that when I had the SW2 back then.

Quote from other member here:

I believe the issue is related to Lifelog. I purchased a SW3 last week and installed Lifelog on my phone. Battery drain was about 6-7% an hour. Uninstalled Lifelog and drain is about 2-3% per hour; I slept for eight hours and battery drain in total was only 6% even with always on screen on.

I think there is an issue with the latest update of Lifelog causing battery drain.

Maybe he is right and this is related to latest lifelog update, but like said, have no prier experience so cannot say.

Elite
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

My SW3 it's at 18% - approx. 16hrs left 

last time I charged the phone was on 3pm 10/13 which means at this rate it should last until 8am 10/18, but I don't use it for music, and I don't sync all notifications, only few apps and I do have Lifelog 

One time poster
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

I have this problem too