account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SW3 Bands

Rookie
Message 1 of 29
Message 1 of 29

New SW3 Bands

Hi All

I'm trying desperately to find 1 or 2 new black SW3 straps / bands - even a metal band would do the job.. but nothing seems available anywhere.. not even on ebay (except at a price higher than a new watch) especially trying to find one in Australia!

Does anyone know where I could get them?

Steve

28 REPLIES
Emperor
Message 2 of 29
Message 2 of 29

Re: New SW3 Bands

@5teve

What if you contact your Local support ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 29
Message 3 of 29

Hi Uliwooly

Contacted them - they cant help and just kept saying they dont deal with retail. They suggested a local retailer - which is great until I reminded her that this retailer dont display the smart watches - they keep them in Cupboards! They definitly do not do spares!

They gave me the number for Phonebiz - their repairer in Sydney - who are also clueless and have no stock. Seems to be endemic with Sony - great products let down by ancillaries and marketing.

I'm thinking I may just have to order from handtec in the UK and wait for them to get stock in.. 

Steve

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 29
Message 4 of 29

Hi @5teve,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with finding a new wrist strap for your Smartwatch 3. sad

I'm afraid I won't be able to give you any recommendations on a retailer in Australia where you can buy a new wrist strap for your Smartwatch 3, since I am situated in the Nordics and Xperia store is not available in Australia.

Here in the Nordics we have a couple of websites where you can search for a specific product and it will list all the retailers that have the product in stock. I found a site called Pricespy, which is for customers in New Zealand, but if you are familiar with a similar site in Australia you can have a look there!

I wish you the best of luck finding a new wrist strap for your Smartwatch 3, and please share if you find out where you can buy one!

Have a great day and Merry Christmas! smile happy

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 29
Message 5 of 29

@5teve: there is another discussion regarding the straps, http://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch-3/accessories/metal-band-to-buy-best-prices-t3464265

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
1_1
Apprentice
Message 6 of 29
Message 6 of 29

Have the same problem and I live in Sweden.

I bought the watch from Sonys own webstore.

I think I only need the "rubber-part" if thats any help, the metalclip is still in good condition.

Guess more and more will have need for a new strap

One time poster
Message 7 of 29
Message 7 of 29

I have purchased a 3D printed case for my smartwatch 3 so I can add any 42mm Watch strap.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/DPJ3JC5AF/sony-smartwatch-3-adapter-24mm?productConfiguration=57778...
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 29
Message 8 of 29

Hi @1_1, welcome to our community! smile happy

I'm sorry for the late reply, I have been out of office due to vacation.

When I checked the eShop for Sweden there are no straps for Smartwatch 3 in stock at the moment.

I would recommend that you get in contact with the eShop support for your specific market and they will be able to answer your questions regarding when the item will be back in stock. Please see the link below for contact information!

https://sonyestore.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/205363242-Contacting-Customer-Service%20Team

Let us know how it went! smile happy

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

1_1
Apprentice
Message 9 of 29
Message 9 of 29

They can't tell anything really.

Is there still any production? They selling watches like it should be though.

From estore se :

"Thank you for your email.

At the moment we do not have available the product Sony SmartWatch 3 Wrist Strap SWR510 (Black). We would like to advise you to contact us again, in order to check if we have planned purchases for the requested item.

We remain at your disposal and have a great day!"

One time poster
Message 10 of 29
Message 10 of 29

where can I get a new sw3 band?