account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal strap for Smartwatch 3 is actually plastic

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Metal strap for Smartwatch 3 is actually plastic

Dear Johan,

Below is my Xperia Z5 Premium Dual's info:

Xperia™ Z5 Premium Dual

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual SIM 1

IMEI: 
WARRANTY TO: 21/05/2017

Xperia™ Z5 Premium Dual

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual SIM 2

IMEI: 
WARRANTY TO: 21/05/2017

My phone malfunctioned and I need warranty support.

David Martin Graff

Rookie
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

The pin that locks the link to the watchable keeps popping out and now I have lost it. Can this be replaced
Rookie
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

Link to watch
Rookie
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

Sony repair service watch strap

Very disappointed in this service. I received a SmartWatch 3 for xmass metal strap. The pin that secure the closing strap kept falling out and then was lost. It was returned back to me not repaired quoting physical damage. No attempt was made to contact me about this repair or why they were not going to repair. I absolutely flabbergasted at this appalling example of customer care. All for the coat of a pin

Not happy
One time poster
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

Hey the "metal" that hold the screen brakes!!!! It's not metal.
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

@Arturosar20

Indeed, the strap is metal, but the frame is silver painted plastic. The frame itself was made from plastic so the NFC and GPS signals would not be blocked by metal casing, and to protect the core from excessive scratching due to repetitive attachment and detachment.

If you found this post useful, feel free to kudo it and mark it as the accepted solution so that other users facing the same issue can find the post
Visitor
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

Broken strap MountingBroken strap MountingThis makes sense. My watch mounting has cracked wher ethe strap meets the mounting.  The watch is just over a year old and I'd like to get the mounting replaced under warranty.  I've got a £20 watch at home that I've had for 10 years with no problems.  So I'm a bit peeved that my beautiful Sony Smartwatch has bearly seen out a year. 

Apprentice
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

I also have this problem. My watch strap has snapped clean off the holder due to weak plastic. I want to get another holder but since Sony have abandoned the development, I don't really want to pay for it. I bought a metal strap thinking it would be stronger but apparently not. Has anyone had any luck getting a replacement holder? The contact form doesn't seem to be working for me it just sits there for ages after pressing send