account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Is it worth buying a used smartwatch 3 in 2019?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Is it worth buying a used smartwatch 3 in 2019?

For a very long time I have been looking to buy a smartwatch. Since every products I own come from Sony, I thought I should get Sony smartwatch 3 also.. I know it's too late. But trying to find a good used one. 

Im asking is it still worth to buy sw3? Using xz premium android pie. Does sw3 has any compatibility issues with latest wear os apps nd any synching problems? Or any features don't work with latest phones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Talent
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Is it worth buying a used smartwatch 3 in 2019?

Hi, i have your combination (i have xperia xz premium dual and 2x smartwatch 3). In past there was few problems with google fit and google wear connecting, but in last update was fixed by google and now all apps are working 100% without problem.

There are only 2 things you must know 1) if you want to use smartwatch storage (you want to save your favourite music in smartwatch) you must downgrade Music sony app (last update stop supporting all wear smartwatches). 2) Yeah smartwatch 3 has functional NFC, but there is old android wear 1.5 and it isnt supporting google pay.

The really good thing is you can use your smartwatch on lots of app, but you must buy it -) for example these : appfour -) video gallery for wear os, massages, photo, email, internet... etc

8 REPLIES 8
Talent
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Hi, i have your combination (i have xperia xz premium dual and 2x smartwatch 3). In past there was few problems with google fit and google wear connecting, but in last update was fixed by google and now all apps are working 100% without problem.

There are only 2 things you must know 1) if you want to use smartwatch storage (you want to save your favourite music in smartwatch) you must downgrade Music sony app (last update stop supporting all wear smartwatches). 2) Yeah smartwatch 3 has functional NFC, but there is old android wear 1.5 and it isnt supporting google pay.

The really good thing is you can use your smartwatch on lots of app, but you must buy it -) for example these : appfour -) video gallery for wear os, massages, photo, email, internet... etc

Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Thank you so much Marioss , that's what I wanted to hear...  Thanks for the detailed reply. Now I am certainly going to get one.  No problem to downgrade Sony music app but guess it's the right version at pie factory added. No NFC payments doing so far. Think it's right time for me finally to get Sony smart watch too ,it's like collecting all 7 Dragonballs to me...already has the smartband. 

Thanks again...

Talent
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Can i ask which versio of smartband? And is there any problem (in future maybe i will buy it to my collection, but now i already have smartband (smartwatch 3 Grinning Face

Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Iam using swr10 smartband for more than 2 years. Still using it and still battery lasts 4 days. It's really a great help to know incoming calls and notification. Best use is alarm and wake me up. Then another important use for me is I set audio recorder application set with smartband. So whenever I argue with someone or hearing a lecture I just press smartband and tap ,it will start audio recording, 2 taps to pause and 3 taps to stop . 

Well the downside is the button strap is so loose that most of the time I check it's still there on my hand and luckily there was times I lost it and found. So have to press it on tightly on hand. I won't wear it in rush areas where one simple push from someone will easily get it off the hand and lost.

I have eyes on smartband 2 swr12 ,just it has heart rate sensor ,rest is same as swr10 I think.

Visitor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

And regular watches last a lot longer on a single battery than a smart watch. Is pebble smartwatch worth a buy?

One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

No it works perfectly with my xz1c

I recommend it i have 2 and smartband 2

Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Why you are thinking is not smart watch is not worth buying? I am wearing a smartwatch, I bought mine one from FrostNYC Coupon at reecoupons, and really it helps me a lot in many ways, I must say it a worth buying for me. 

Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@sophiaedward64 wrote:

Why you are thinking is not smart watch is not worth buying? I am wearing a smartwatch, I bought mine one from FrostNYC Coupon at reecoupons, and really it helps me a lot in many ways, I must say it a worth buying for me. 

Bcos of outdated wear os and compatibility to latest ones and not even a single swr50 available anywhere. 

Well to be honest I have been searching for one for almost a year..  It's not available in my region.. ya iam looking for used ones but it's only available in UK eBay... And it's only available as bidding... Tried to contact friend there to send it but it has a lithium battery and so risk to send via normal post..they say.. I don't kno.. I would still love to have it but all hopes are now gone..