account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How useful are you finding the watch?

Regular
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

How useful are you finding the watch?

I love tech and bought the watch to see if integrating the watch into my lifestyle would add anything.

I want to love it but my initial impressions are underwhelming.

How useful are you all really finding the watch?  Also what are the most used features you use?

Mine are the moment are the pedometer and changing tracks when I'm using Spotify on the phone.  Though I wish I didn't have to swipe right each time I wanted to skip a track and then swipe back to see the track that is playing.

I will keep evaluating Slightly smiling Face

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: How useful are you finding the watch?

I like using it as a watch first, then get all the notifications and reply from time to time by voice. Also alarms are useful and skipping songs as you said. Useful for step tracking too.

Small calculator at hand and some apps allow you to make it vibrate when device is out of range.

If you are using GPS ( google maps for me) you'll get notifications about the route.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I can understand one might be underwhelmed. Some features like sending text massages don't seem to work. On the other side: I haven't missed aan single phonecall since I get notifications on my wrist. And using navigation on a bike via the SmartWatch turns out to be pretty handy.
Regular
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I do use it and still evaluating it as a lifestyle gadget.  But I'm not sure if I just use it because I have it or if the added features are worth what I paid for the watch.

I think maybe I jumped onto the bandwagon too early.  Despite the watch being the 'third' iteration I think I should have waited for Smartwatches to mature more.

I am no Apple fanboy (I only use ipod for jogging and I did buy a 5 to see if I was giving Apple a fair chance), but I think in the case of Smartwatches tighter integration into the ecosystem is an advantage.  On Android some of the features that would really make me consider the watch really useful aren't implemented yet or there are lots of apps that don't quite do 100% what you want them to.

Obviously that isn't the fault of the watch.

One thing to consider too is that I try to upgrade every couple of years for the phone.  The watches are changing so rapidly that should I decide watches are the  necessary to me then I have to factor in I will want to upgrade the watch too.  The way watches are changing I can see I would want to change the watch more frequently than my phone.

Very exciting times though.

Adept
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Are they expensive?
Highlighted
Regular
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I've seen them range from 90 to 180 depending on where you look.