account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gps not working

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Gps not working

2 days ago my gps stopped working. While paired with the phone, its ok, but once it is not paired, it stops the geolocation. Anyone with the same problem?
3 REPLIES
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Gps not working

@CarlosCS

try the basic, restart both phone and SW3, if that doesn't work, factory reset the SW3 and report back.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I tried to restart and reinstall everything. Nothing happens. My GPS is not working and now my maps dont load even if connected to the phone. I tried to reinstall maps 2 times but its not working. It seems that the apps are not properly sincronised with the watch. I cannot find the guarantee paper of my watch. What can I do? I dont want to pay Sony for restarting my watch.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @CarlosCS,

I'm sorry to hear about this. sad

If you haven't tried to repair your Smartwatch 3 with Xperia Companion I would recommend that you do that.

You can download and install Xperia Companion for both Windows and Mac.

Make sure your watch is not connected to your computer and press on "Software repair" > Smartwatch 3, and follow the instructions on your screen.

If the GPS isn't working after the software repair, get in touch with your Local support team and they will help you sending it to an authorized service centre so it can be examined by a trained technician.

Regarding the warranty papers, if you know which retailer you bought the product from you can always contact them. Most retailers have digital copies or all receipt and purchases so they can most likely email a copy of to you.

Let us know how it goes!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.