account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

GPS on watch inaccurate

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

GPS on watch inaccurate

I hear a lot of problems with GPS and I am thinking of requesting a refund and turn my watch in. I have bought the watch to use it for running and to not bring my phone with me when I am running. The problems I have is that it sometimes seems to start too late. So that it starts recording after I have walked for 1km already. But also the distance and speed is inaccurate. I have brought my phone now with me and compared it, and this doesn't make sense. The phone is accurate and says 29:00 minutes, like my watch. But disance is 2.03 km but the watch says 5.38km! Also the speed is 3.66km/h on my phone. But on my watch it says 11.14km.h. Since I was walking and not running,this is way out of line. 

I have tried GhostRace and Runkeeper but both have the problem. It is also not the known problem that is becoming wet, since it didn't rain and when I start, I don't sweat yet.

Is my watch broke and do I need a new one or is there another problem. I want it to be repaired or bring it back and a refund. I have the latest versions of Android also on my phone(Xperia Z3). I already tried new installation (factory reset).

2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: GPS on watch inaccurate

This is a user based forum and as such with matters of this nature we are unable to help - For refunds you need to return to the place of purchase however have you tried a factory reset or a system repair of the watch using PCC

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: GPS on watch inaccurate

I have exactly the same problem, before the update 5.1.1 ( or 5.02 I can't remember) the watch GPS worked absolutly fine, please fix