account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't connect to phone anymore

One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Don't connect to phone anymore

I don't know why but recently my SM 3 doesn't connect to phone .

The SM 3 turn on in right way, but I have only the possibility to see, on the watch, only 3 pages after the welcome page.

The first page is suggest to pairing with my phone, second page is (move on right) is suggest to dowload the Android wear app, and the last page is to tap on the app code "smartwatch 3". But no tap is able. 

And nothing happened. I have the possibility only to move on these three pages.

If I press the power button I find "setting" but is possible, in this area, only to make only "light" setting (brightness, size, Gestures, etc..) and no indication relating how can connect to phone.

I belive that is not active or Bluethoot or Wi-fi on watch.

Please could someone help me ?

Thanks

10 REPLIES
Elite
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Don't connect to phone anymore

@Daniele_Berna

Factory reset the SW3 and try again. If you use NFC to pair the phone and the SW3 it'll be a lot easier

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Same problem, with the last update. My phone don't detect the phone.

I Make factory reset, clear the cache, but nothing. I reinstall the SW3 via PC companion too, i don-t know what happen.

Adviser
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

After the last update 34.2.A.0.311 of my Xperia X, my smartwatch 3 has become unusable!
I reset it thousands of times perfectly following the procedure, but the bluetooth only detects the initial paring, after no longer connects.
Every so often seems to work again, but the next day will stop again indefinitely.

Some information that can help me?

It's the Xperia X update or the new app Android Wear 2.0?

I've seen on GooglePlay a lot of people with the same problem with the Smatwatch 3!

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I fond the solution in XDA forums:

Open Google play services app info and clear all data, or uninstall updates and then update again from Play Store, and thats it!

Now all is working fine!

Adviser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I've just do this procedure a lot of times. For me don't work. The SmartWatch connect with the phone randomly!
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@tomcruis751

@Daniele_Berna

@SweetNurse

@BeStMaker

Would you all do the following:

- Uninstall "Android Wear" app from your phone and restart it, then re-install the app.

- Factory reset the watch or repair it via Xperia Companion.

- Try pairing the watch once again.

If you found this post useful, feel free to kudo it and mark it as the accepted solution so that other users facing the same issue can find the post
Adviser
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Already done, don't work!
Visitor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Same problems here. I tried everything mentioned above. Now the watch isn't syncing it's time with the phone even if they do connect.

Regular
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Same here. The bluetooth connection is only detected during pairing. Other than that, if watch is not on wifi network, it never connects to my X compact (and z3 previously). I got replacement smartwatch fomr sony and a brand new X compact, but the issue still exists. 

There was no such issue when smartwatch 3 just came out with my z3, but... anyway, I gave up long time ago after so many firmware update, reset, clean cache, reset phone and watch, etc.

Just wait for next smartwatch 4 if you still prefer sony.