account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth icon is grey?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Bluetooth icon is grey?

I'm pairing the watch with a Z3 compact but I noticed today that the bluetooth icon in my notification bar is grey even though I think they are paired and connected.

Is this normal?  I used to watch this morning on a walk and was testing the pedometer feature (which seems good) and listening to Spotify.  Used the watch to skip tracks but I never noticed the bluetooth icon change.

If I pair it with my bluetooth speaker the icon always changes to full.

Just worried that something is wrong or that the watch isn't connected for some reason?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Bluetooth icon is grey?

When SmartWatch 3 is connected the Bluetooth icon will be greyed out, so completely normal. If I'm not mistaken, this is due to BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). Thereby, depending on which accessory you have connected and it's specification, the Bluetooth icon will be white or greyed out.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Open the Android wear app and it will say in the top left if you are connected

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Regular
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Ah right thanks.  Android wear is running and says connected but my bluetooth icon is still 'greyed' out.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

When SmartWatch 3 is connected the Bluetooth icon will be greyed out, so completely normal. If I'm not mistaken, this is due to BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). Thereby, depending on which accessory you have connected and it's specification, the Bluetooth icon will be white or greyed out.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post