account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth and Wrist Gesture will not turn off

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Bluetooth and Wrist Gesture will not turn off

Only had the SW 3 for a few days but having paired it, cannot get the Bluetooth to stop scanning.

I used the TURN BLUETOOTH ON screen initially but the TURN BLUETOOTH OFF doesn't appear on the menu - just keeps searching for nearby devices, this must drain the battery.

Also, after a few shut downs and start ups Iknow have both the TURN WRIST GESTURES ON and OFF options, whereas initially there was no OFF option on the menu, but selecting OFF makes no difference, a hand movement brings the time screen to life - useless when running or active, again a battery drain

Does anyone have the same problem, or solutions?

I realy like this watch but it's a worry that it's still experimental...

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Re: Bluetooth and Wrist Gesture will not turn off

To make the screen stay off there is one option in the Android Wear app in the phone.

1. Open the Android Wear App
  2. Press the Gear button
  3. Press your device (Smartwatch 3)
  4. Disable Tilt to wake screen option

Hope that does what you want smile happy

7 REPLIES
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

If it was me I'd factory reset the watch and re-pair it and also clear date and cache from the Android wear app

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Master
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I think you have misunderstood these features. When you enter the Bluetooth menu from your SmartWatch 3, it will search for nearby devices but if you exit the menu it will not scan for devices.

The wrist gesture is a function to scroll/swipe between your cards (with wrist gestures) when you are at the home screen. Even with the wrist gesture feature ON or OFF, you will wake the screen of the clock when you turn it towards you.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

To make the screen stay off there is one option in the Android Wear app in the phone.

1. Open the Android Wear App
  2. Press the Gear button
  3. Press your device (Smartwatch 3)
  4. Disable Tilt to wake screen option

Hope that does what you want smile happy

Rookie
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for your reply - I got a reply from Sony support which wasn't at all helpful , just suggested going to settings and 'selecting Turn Bluetooth Off'  which of course I would do if that option was there ( the whole point of contacting them)  - have got in touch again but I'm guessing I'll get the same . So, it seems it Turn Off Bluetooth is supposed to be an option ...also the Unpair Device option doesn't show any paired devices even though the watch is bluetoothing ok with phone when wifi not connected.

Thanks again,

Rookie
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Brilliant, thanks - worked instantly - quite a learning curve but a great piece of technology,

Thanks again !

Rookie
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Thank you, for your info, it's working fine now.
One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Thank you bro, it helps me a lot! Also Kudo for you wink thumbs up