account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

Maintenance work ongoing

Wednesday night 1st of March CET we will initiate a maintenance work on the forum. You can expect some disturbance in the Forum functions and design.
We will already on Tuesday do changes in the structure on the forum when it comes to boards and categories. During those changes the forum should function normally
Thanks for your understanding.

Android wear problem after update

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Android wear problem after update

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have a smartwatch 3. It is worked fine with android wear and my Samsung s5 for 11 months but following an update to both there appears to be a compatability issue and if the app is installed the WiFi on my phone just keeps turning on and off which means I have full battery drain on the phone in just over an hour. ..has anyone else had this?

My only solution so far has been to uninstal the app, without this I appear to be unable to use any features on the watch as to discover the source of the problem I did master resets on the watch and phone. Anyone got any ideas what I can do?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Recommended by topic author Bruntondmb1
‎2016-11-29 10:38 AM
Visitor

Re: Android wear problem after update

I've since discovered that disabling of WiFi-Scanning in "Location -> High Accuracy -> WiFi Scanning" solves the issue immediately, albiet it is a temporary fix.   Further investigation has identified that the problem also lies with a compatability issue between android wear and google play services (also updated around the same time).

View solution in original post

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Hello, this is being investigated by google:
 https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-wear/nunjJT1dGBU

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
One time poster

Hi,

Since Adroid Wear update  Version 2.0.0...... about a month ago there have been heaps of complaints.

you may also want to look at this forum

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/android-wear/9MytdED...

and also the low rated reviews in Play store on the Android Wear app. since October

"productforums.google.com" are only user forums - exchanges on these forums give us no guarantee that Google is fixing anything.

Solution
Recommended by topic author Bruntondmb1
‎2016-11-29 10:38 AM
Visitor

I've since discovered that disabling of WiFi-Scanning in "Location -> High Accuracy -> WiFi Scanning" solves the issue immediately, albiet it is a temporary fix.   Further investigation has identified that the problem also lies with a compatability issue between android wear and google play services (also updated around the same time).