account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Smartband Talk after a year and a half

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Smartband Talk after a year and a half

I have the band for almost 18 months now. I wear it all the time (except to charge it) and have not exposed it to any water sources.

It was one of my best purchases at the start, but lately it has been near useless...When I received it it could hold connection 10m away from the phone without problems....now, it can't hold it for more than 2m. The battery drains in half a day as well...I really liked the product and want to use it further, but it's come to a point where it's more hassle than good.

I find it hard to believe that after no more than 16 months to be exact, the product has diminished so much it's not usable...I tried factory resetting the phone, the band, but nothing helped. Hopefully Sony reads this and improves on the product...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smartband Talk after a year and a half

have you tried repairing the band software? http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

As far as I know, the Smartband isn't supported in the PC companion app...only the Smartwatch is.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

oh yeah, sorry my bad. well if its not much of a hassle for you, you can have your smartband checked on your local service center, maybe they can do something to improve it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
EHo
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I have used mine for 12 months now and the battery is still fine with 4 days of uptime before needing to recharge (notifications on, though I normally don't have many notifications). Hopefully mine won't deteriorate in the coming six months.