account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Smartband Talk Issues

Regular
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Smartband Talk Issues

I have used the smartband talk with my Sony Xperia Z3 with the 5.0.2 firmware for a whole week now. I have had issues until today.

As I was driving to work, the watch disconnected from my phone and reset itself to default settings and removed all my set apps. I reconnected the device and tried too reinstall all my apps and the watchface I originally had. Unfortunately, the watchface would not change to the one I selected and every app I select did not show up on my watch. When I click through the apps on my watch, all I get is a blank screen with the set background color I have. I can still use the default watchface and change every setting in the smartband talk app, but like I previously said, the apps and watchface are not working properly.

Is anyone else having a similar issue with their smartband talk and have you found any solutions?

Thanks,
Christian

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Smartband Talk Issues

What if you reset the SBT?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

I have already tried that several times. No luck.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Clear the smartconnect app data

Settings, apps, all, smartconnect, clear data, restart your phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

No luck.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

This is really frustrating. 😬
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

@XnRenteria

Contact your local Xperia care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Highlighted
Regular
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

@uliwooly I did and they gave me instructions to fix the problem. I'm in the process of doing it. I hope it works.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

@XnRenteria

Keep us updated

Highlighted
Regular
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Welp, the "solution" failed. The solution was to use Pc Companion to "fix" the glitch in my Sony Xperia Z3's firmware. I followed all the required steps to "fix" my phone but the watch still continued to not work properly. All the "solution" did was completely wipe everything on my phone.
I called back Sony support and explained the situation. They said the only next thing I could possibly do is return the SmartBand talk for a new one or a refund. I'm going to exchange it for a new one.