account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New Clips

SOLVED
JDH
Regular
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

New Clips

Having contacted support ( who were useless frankly) I thought I would try here.  All I am looking for is a replacement set of the clips that attach the band to the watch face.  It's been suggested I send it back for repair which as it's out of warranty would be seriously over priced for just providing me with a clip that would cost pennies to replace

Any ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Re: New Clips

image.jpg

I can confirm that the Chinese after market bands come with new clips. They're about $3.25 per band and takes a few weeks to arrive. Just search for "Sony smartband talk colors" in eBay to bring up these items. 

Niche tech nerd

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

@JDH

This is a global user based forum, you might want to either contact your Local support or check eBay or amazon. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

JDH
Regular
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the advice local support were useless as mentioned earlier and have tried eBay and Amazon to no avail, so was trying this in desperation, thanks for the reply though

Apprentice
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Worse case scenario is that you can buy a new band box set that will come with new clips. It's better than nothing and you might enjoy having new colors to change out with. I hope this helps. I ordered some after market bands from China. They don't advertising having clips but if they surprise me and have them I'll let you know. I've been surprised many times before by what comes with things that aren't mentioned. 

New bands with clips included (official):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262485742541

Niche tech nerd
Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Oh and a set of two bands cost $12 and you can mix and match the two strap sizes for the best fit. 

Niche tech nerd
Apprentice
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

image.jpg

I can confirm that the Chinese after market bands come with new clips. They're about $3.25 per band and takes a few weeks to arrive. Just search for "Sony smartband talk colors" in eBay to bring up these items. 

Niche tech nerd

View solution in original post

JDH
Regular
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Great! Thank you!

Apprentice
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Absolutely. They aren't fantastic build quality but they get the job done. It's your best bet at $3.25 instead of $12+ if you just need the clips. You'll get the band too at $3.25 and the little disc that straps it in place.
Niche tech nerd
Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hi,

I would like to buy new clips too.

I didn´t recieve any answer from the local support. And I don´t need the new band (already have 5 colours). Just the 2 plastic clips (or more, they break very often).

Any idea, where to buy?

Thank you,

K.

Highlighted
JDH
Regular
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi I ended up buying a few cheap straps from eBay and using the clips from those, I never did manage to buy the clips alone, though as a temporary measure about 5 size 10 staples bent inwards worked well, good luck