account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

stepcounter is WAY off - Lower sensitivity?

Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

stepcounter is WAY off - Lower sensitivity?

Hello

My job is to drive a forwarder and my smartband 2 adds ALOT of steps from all the shaking in the cabin. It adds like 600 steps/hour which for me is unacceptable since my $35 miband adds like 200 steps/day. Is there any way to lower the sensitivity or so? Or somewhere to contact Sony and inform they that it doesnt work. 

I mean, the mailn reason I bought it is to coount steps and that doesnt work right now as you see...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: stepcounter is WAY off - Lower sensitivity?

On your phone
1. Settings
2. Location
3. Mode
4. Make sure that it's set to High accuracy
Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@wranzzon

Double check with different apps, perhaps download Google Fit and double check the steps.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thx for reply!

it is already on high accuracy! Heres coming a noob question, in what way would the accuracy increase on the smartband when changing something on the phone?

Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

thx for the tip! I have done that now, and google fit gives me like 400 steps for my 8 hours in my forwarder. Way more accurate than smartband. But the thing is, for google fit to work I have to have the phone on me all the time. I often go out for a run without my phone, and counting the steps a day gets kind of worthless when its around 2500 - 5000 steps wrong every day.