account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

smartband 10 Bluetooth unlock on Z3 doesn't work

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 61 of 77
Message 61 of 77

Re: smartband 10 Bluetooth unlock on Z3 doesn't work

Ahh, sorry, it seems you've reached the limit of my knowledge on the subject. I did not know about this feature, so I couldn't tell you if it is working or not.

If you can explain or link to a testing procedure though, I'd be happy to give it a try for you!

I've found lollipop to be a pretty good improvement so far, besides this little Smartband issue, happy upgrading!

Adviser
Message 62 of 77
Message 62 of 77

Well I'm still using 4.4.4 on my Z3 so we can compare your security settings and my ones.

I will try to describe it by screenshots.

1. Open settings --> security:

Screenshot_security.jpg 

2. chose th unlock sensitivity and find your smartband:

Screenshot_choose_smartband.jpg

3. after checking your smartband you will be able to adjust the sensitivity distance:

Screenshot_set_a_distance.jpg

You just need to move your smartband from your smartphone as far as you need. 

For example I set a very small distance and now I can unlock smartphone only if I hold it in that hand on which I have smartband. Or you may set 30cm for example...

I suppose that you don't have that settings...

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 63 of 77
Message 63 of 77

I see... Your assertion is correct, I don't have that setting.

It seems it was dropped when Smart Lock was added to the security settings.

Adviser
Message 64 of 77
Message 64 of 77

Well... I know how do downgrade back to kitkat if something wrong Slightly smiling Face.

So I will try to update my phone to lollipop and then I will test it by myself. I like the kitkat but I want to use this camera and it needs only 5.0 android and above.

Thank you again and have a good day! 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 65 of 77
Message 65 of 77

I've received more information about this and this is by design and specification from Google in Android 5.0 so i'm afraid that currently, bluetooth unlock with SmartBand is not supported.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 66 of 77
Message 66 of 77

It may not be "supported," but it works just fine.

Apprentice
Message 67 of 77
Message 67 of 77

This is so bad. Really. Smartband SWR10 app updated, hurray. It says it supports A5. No, it does not. After rebooting phone SmartLock cannot see the smartband yet again. Why Sony couldn't take the superb BT unlock app from Z3 (Android 4.4.4) and put it into A5, overriding Google's Smart Lock? I don't want to play swipe game! I was about to buy Z3+ (QC2.0, no flaps, usb port on bottom, Snap 810), but then I realized it will has A5 only. I am keeping my Z3 with 4.4.4 and BT unlock (Hey, Sony, I can't help myself, but your BT unlock is so addictive you definitely don't want that Google's SmartLock Swipe nonsense). Cheers, Lukas.

Adviser
Message 68 of 77
Message 68 of 77

Hi!

Today my Smartband app took an update. The second one who compatible with Android 5.

Could you tell me does unlock functions work now?

Or I still need to use the 4.4.4 android on my Z3?

Inhabitant
Message 69 of 77
Message 69 of 77

@Rickard wrote:

I've received more information about this and this is by design and specification from Google in Android 5.0 so i'm afraid that currently, bluetooth unlock with SmartBand is not supported.

Dear Rickard,

We understand that it is an excuse from Sony, but is it a limitation? A company with the competence of Sony should be able to circumvent such a fact, if Google permits it. Or is it prohibited to maintain a feature that really made the day of some many people?

Apprentice
Message 70 of 77
Message 70 of 77

SmartBand app update today. I will try it now on A5 and let's see. Hope the "bug fixes" means at least no random disconnecting, A5 is able to detect the SB after reboot and NO swipe and pattern after the SB reconnects...Sony, do not dissapoint me please :-)