account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

smartband 10 Bluetooth unlock on Z3 doesn't work

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 51 of 77
Message 51 of 77

Re: smartband 10 Bluetooth unlock on Z3 doesn't work

Gretchen, yes, you can get it.
If you need some kind of instruction I can make it.
Visitor
Message 52 of 77
Message 52 of 77

Hi, i have the Same Problem on z2, After update. I don't unterstand, why this happens. With kitkat was the unlock with smartband possible with lollipop not. Yes we can download the Tool to Downgrade, to get this Function back. But if i call sony Support, the toll me, if i Downgrade by my selbst, waranty was Gone. Super solution. What is this, A World Company, with New developed Software, and testing by Users? And if we want the old Version, we loose the waranty. That means, eat or die? Super, Sony!!
Adviser
Message 53 of 77
Message 53 of 77

@Whighway wrote:
Hi, i have the Same Problem on z2, After update. I don't unterstand, why this happens. With kitkat was the unlock with smartband possible with lollipop not. Yes we can download the Tool to Downgrade, to get this Function back. But if i call sony Support, the toll me, if i Downgrade by my selbst, waranty was Gone. Super solution. What is this, A World Company, with New developed Software, and testing by Users? And if we want the old Version, we loose the waranty. That means, eat or die? Super, Sony!!

hey!

I suppose that you are wrong about warranty. You will lose it only if you'll unlock the bootloader on your device.

After the downgrading you may open the engeneer menu ant you will find that bootloader is locked. And that way your warranty will not be broken.

I made that and now using kitkat.

One time poster
Message 54 of 77
Message 54 of 77

just wanted to chime in on this, as i'm having the same problem.

it looks like lollipop's altered the way the screen lock side of things works.

as such, the smart control unlock feature doesn't show the smartband under the bluetooth devices, which means that it can't be used by smart control.  i believe the swr10 app is hiding the bluetooth connection from the device (although, personally, i don't see why it's an issue to show the smartband as being connected when it is, in fact, connected to the phone), and it's this hiding that's also hiding it from the smart control app.

it *should* be a relatively simple change to either the swr10 app or the smart control app to get around this, but obviously it's something that sony'd developers need to address.

Adviser
Message 55 of 77
Message 55 of 77

This is fixable. I got it to work on my Z3.

First make sure smart lock is active in security settings.

Then delete the Smartband app, and disable liflog from the settings menu in apps.

Then put Smartband into discovery mode, and search for Bluetooth devices from the settings app Bluetooth menu.

When Smartband pops up, start the pairing process.

Android system will ask to make it a smart unlock device.

Reactivate lifelog, and download Smartband app again.

Adviser
Message 56 of 77
Message 56 of 77

To cjhill1836
Hi! Tell me please does this pairing still working after you reboot your smartphone Z3 or when you enable the "flying" mode? Will the smartband reconnect again?
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 57 of 77
Message 57 of 77

Glad you asked this, as I had not thought to try it.

The short answer is no, it does not work automatically after restart or airplane mode, but fortunately this gave me the opportunity to find an easier way.

It turns out that simply force stopping the Smartband app, then putting the Smartband in discovery mode was enough to make it show up on the Bluetooth menu again.

From there all I did was pair, and reboot the Smartband again, and everything worked as before.

Luckily, I don't reboot or use airplane mode often. I can see where this would be a pain if you do.

Adviser
Message 58 of 77
Message 58 of 77

Hi!

Yes I'm not using airplane mode often too. i just wanted to know what happens if I will turn in on.

So could you please test one more thing for me. When your smartband is far away from your Z3 the smartmand gives you three vibrations telling you that it's lost connection with a smartphone. And when you brouth it back, I mean when smartphone an smartband are close to each other again, they are pairing automatically? Is it possible to unlock smartphone usin only smartband?

Thx a lot.

Adviser
Message 59 of 77
Message 59 of 77

Yes, I just tested it to be sure. Everything about that feature functions as it should.

Adviser
Message 60 of 77
Message 60 of 77

Thank you cjhill1836!

I suppose that now it is time to upgrade my z3 to lollipop. Because that unlock faetures were very useful for me and I had to downgrade from lollipop to kitkat(4.4.4) after the first automatic update.

And the last question. As I know from other forums the "distance to unlock" doesn't work now on 5/0 android like it worked on 4.4.4. I mean it was adjustable distance when smartphone could "feel" a smartband. That feature  is unavaiable now?