account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

smartband 10 Bluetooth unlock on Z3 doesn't work

SOLVED
Learner
Message 71 of 77
Message 71 of 77

Re: smartband 10 Bluetooth unlock on Z3 doesn't work

Same problem here. Sony and Google, fix this immediately. You will get my thanks when is fixed.
Adviser
Message 72 of 77
Message 72 of 77

Hey @stinjenel!
The issue is happening still but there is a some kind of workaround.
You will be able to make your Smartband as trusted Bluetooth device to unlock. But. The workaround is working just before you enable the Fly mode.
Do you need that?
Adviser
Message 73 of 77
Message 73 of 77

Please make SmartBand SWR10 available as a Bluetooth device. When I updated Z2 to 5.1.1 SmartBand is not unlocking my phone. It is only recognized as an NFC device. When I tap the band on my phone only at that time phone gets unlocked. Whereas in 4.4.4. the SmartBand was recognized as a Bluetooth device and if it was within certain distance the phone used to get unlocked, which was better. Highly disappointed with Sony. Why do they have to remove the features which were useful. Please fix this problem as soon as possible.....
Thank You😁
Adviser
Message 74 of 77
Message 74 of 77

Hey guys!

If you have Xperia and SmartBand10 fnd you want to have a Bluetooth unlock - you'll have to do these steps:

1. Turn off smartband. Looong press to button.

2. Turn off the SmartBand application in applications on your Xperia(Force stop).

3. Turn on Smartband

4. Go to Bluetooth settings on your Xperia

5. Find new available device SWR10

6. Pair this device as Trusted

7. Have fun!

And you will have to repeat all these steps every time when you turn off your Xperia.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 75 of 77
Message 75 of 77

For an alternate method that doesnt require turning off your Smartband try this:

1. Force stop Smartband app

2. Go to Bluetooth menu and find new available device SWR10

3. Pair this device

4. Select as trusted device from notification that pops up in the notification shade

I've been doing this a long time, and it works great. You will only have to repeat the process if you reboot, or turn off Bluetooth (including with airplane mode).

Learner
Message 76 of 77
Message 76 of 77

I've just received a Z4/Z3+ as a replacement for a defective Z3 and now I'm stuck with the same problem as you. I was really depending on the "Unlock with Bluetooth" feature under the set distance to assure my phone and data security.

Hey, SONY, please activate this feature as soon as possible!!

Visitor
Message 77 of 77
Message 77 of 77

Bluetooth Smart lock not working on Z2 with swr10 on Android 6

I have updated android to latest marshmallow version on my Xperia Z2. After the update, I am not able to unlock my phone using the smart lock feature when my smartband swr10 is connected to it by Bluetooth. It unlocks using nfc but not with Bluetooth. I have tried rebooting the device. Also tried to make it work by force stopping the smartband app but it seems that it is not possible to force stop it now. It used to work by force stopping the app in Android lollipop but not now.