account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Swr10 no longer in smart connect list

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Swr10 no longer in smart connect list

Since the latest update my swr10 does not show up in the smart connect list so I am unable to get to change any settings. I have reset bot my phone and my swr10 several times but it still isn't showing up. Is there another way to access the settings?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Re: Swr10 no longer in smart connect list

Thanks for the update! Slightly smiling Face

Have you had the time to try and uninstall both applications and install them again?

I tried to replicate it using a Xperia Z2 with a Smartband but I was not able to do that, it was still showing in the list of accessories in the Smart Connect application.

You mentioned that it disappeared from the list after you updated the Smart Connect application, if you still can't see the Smartband in the Smart Connect app, could you please try and uninstall updates for the app? To do that go to Settings > Apps > Smart Connect > 3 dots > uninstall updates.

If you have automatic updates enabled in the Google Play store you will have to search for Smart Connect in the Google Play store > tap on it so you get the page for the app > 3 dots > uncheck "Auto-update".

Keep me updated!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

@Ajaynehb SWR10 has its own app. What do you want to do exactly?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Ajaynehb, I'm sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

Do you have the SWR10 application installed in your phone? For me to be able to see the Smartband in the Smart connect application I had to install the app first.

If you still can't see the app in Smart connect, please check if there is any updates available for the Smart connect application in the Google Play store.

Let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Yup all installed and up-to-date. Its puzzled me.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I checked your account with us and can see that you an Xperia Z2 registered, is that the phone you currently are using and where you can't see the Smartband in the Smart connect application?

I had a look in a Xperia Z2 and as soon as I installed the Smartband application I could see the SWR10 in the Smartband app.

As @alexdon wrote, is there any specific function you want to access that the SWR10 app doesn't have?

You can also try and reset the Smart connect application, this will delete all events you have in app so you will have to add them again. To do that go to Settings > Apps > Smart Connect > Storage > Clear data.

Are you able to see the Smartband in the app now?

Let us know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I can't get to the settings anymore so it has set itself to auto night mode, and I am unable to change any of the notification settings as well.

I have cleared the data and it's still not showing in the list I have all the other items my phone connects to buy not my smart band.

All apps are up-to-date and nothing seems to be missing. It was all working fine until a few days ago when smart connect updated. My smart band is still tracking everything, I just can't get into the settings.

I've restarted the phone and the smart band, separately and together, my next move is to uninstall and reinstall both apps and hope that works.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the update! Slightly smiling Face

Have you had the time to try and uninstall both applications and install them again?

I tried to replicate it using a Xperia Z2 with a Smartband but I was not able to do that, it was still showing in the list of accessories in the Smart Connect application.

You mentioned that it disappeared from the list after you updated the Smart Connect application, if you still can't see the Smartband in the Smart Connect app, could you please try and uninstall updates for the app? To do that go to Settings > Apps > Smart Connect > 3 dots > uninstall updates.

If you have automatic updates enabled in the Google Play store you will have to search for Smart Connect in the Google Play store > tap on it so you get the page for the app > 3 dots > uncheck "Auto-update".

Keep me updated!

Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

After uninstall and reinstall twice, the problem has finally been fixed.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Great news! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with and have a great weekend.