account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Smartband SWR10 not connecting with phone after Lifelog update

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Smartband SWR10 not connecting with phone after Lifelog update

After yesterdays update my smartband does not connect with the phone. No data is transfered, and the message inside SmartConnect says 'Connecting charger' (but I'm sure it's fully charged). Same situation was around a month ago, and it is getting annoying. Is there a way to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Re: Smartband SWR10 not connecting with phone after Lifelog update

Od, double reinstallation of everything connected with smartband and restarting smartband helped. I do knot know what was the problem, but it is solved.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hi,

Which phone are you using? I suggest that you clear data for the SmartBand SWR10 application and also for Smart Connect to see if this can help.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I' using Xperia M with Android 4.4.2. Smart Connect still does not see my Smartband after clearing data.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Did you also clear data for the SmartBand application? If yes, I suggest that you reset your SmartBand and try to connect it once again with your phone:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/swr10/userguide/Resetting-the-headset/

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I cleared all the data, moreover I have tried reinstallation of Lifelog, SWR10 and SmartConnect. 

I also did what you recommend - reseted smartband, but it did not help. Or other devices are shown via SmartConnect but my smartband is not visible. It seems like it is connecting via NFC (the bluetooth connections are refreshed and it searches for new), but SWR10 is still not present on the list and it is not connected to my phone.

Visitor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I am able to pair my smartband with phone via bluetooth, but it is still not visible as device inside SmartConnect. And it does not connect with Lifelog.

Forum Legend
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Have you tried to restart the phone? If you uninstall the SmartBand application and try to pair/connect the SmartBand via NFC, do you receive the SmartBand setup screen where you can download SmartBand application?

Do you have the possibility to try your SmartBand with another phone to see if it connects correctly?

Visitor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Od, double reinstallation of everything connected with smartband and restarting smartband helped. I do knot know what was the problem, but it is solved.

View solution in original post

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Strange, but I'm glad to hear that it's now working!

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I recently purchased a SWR10, but does not work on my phone. It is an Utok Fury, Android 4.4.2, Kernel 4.3.67 , BLE 4.0 Classic + Central but not Peripheral. After installing Smart Connect apk, my mobile SWR10 pairs with it, but I can not add it as an accessory. Then I installed Smart band apsk and LifeLog apk, but Smart Band icon appears only after unpairing with status Disconnected, status that stays like this even if I re-pair them from buletooth menu. What seems to be the problem and how can I make my SWR10 work with my mobile?

I have asked the Sony support, and the answer to my Sony Xperia Contact Center, Service Request:1-22959119551 from

Elena Denisa Dicu

Sony Xperia Support

www.sonymobile.com
email: xperia.ro@support.sonymobile.com
Phone: (+40) 21 401 0 401

was a copy-paste from support webpage. I even called, and the answer was that maybe my phone is incompatible. I repeated what I have wrote in my Service Request:1-22959119551, and she said that I should ask the Store from which I bought for technical support, as she is unable to give me.

I already did the steps mentioned on support webpage at least 15 times (reset the smartband and also my mobile).
I even firmware-d my mobile to last known version.
The problem is that SmartBand apk does not "see" the SWR10, and before that Smart Connect apk does not add it as an accessory. Please note that my mobile comply with all requirements mentioned in the support webpage text. I do not know if BLE 4.0 Peripheral option that my mobile does not support is important or not regarding this connection.

What shall I do?