account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

SmartBand2 SWR12 not receiving firmware update

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

SmartBand2 SWR12 not receiving firmware update

Hello,

Does anyone know how to force a firmware update on a SmartBand 2? Mine has firmware version 1.5.12 and is not receiving any updates automatically. I'm worried that this is the cause of the battery issue with my SmartBand 2. When I connect it, it seems to fluctuate in battery power. For example, I'll connect it to my phone and it'll say the batter life is at 70%. I'll disconnect it and reconnect it immediately after that first reading, and it'll give me a battery life of 46%. I'll disconnect and reconnect again, and it'll say 92%. I'll try resetting the SmartBand 2 (hold the button until it vibrates a few times then blinks a green light, then a single blue light that keeps blinking), and pairing it again, and it'll give 67% battery life. No matter what I try, it seems like when the software tries to get the battery life, it returns rand() % 100;

The only option offered by Sony support is to send it in and get a refurbished unit sent back. Considering I paid for a new device and it has behaved like this from the start, I'd like to see if I can fix it rather than get it replaced with a used one. Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: SmartBand2 SWR12 not receiving firmware update

A few more details on the battery issue...

When plugged in, it'll only charge for a duration of 30 seconds up to a few minutes.
It will almost always show a green charging light when being charged, indicating a battery power over 90%, when in reality it's nowhere close to that, as evidenced by how long it actually lasts. A hard reset sometimes forces it to show a lower battery life, and allow it to charge with an orange charging light. It still won't charge for more than a few minutes (the light turns off).

In Normal mode, I'm lucky if lasts for 6 hours. The interesting features, like wake up, sleep logging, heart rate monitoring, and activity monitoring, are all rendered useless as a result.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: SmartBand2 SWR12 not receiving firmware update

Once I had problems, how I did it was I removed the band connection from the LifeLog App. Deleted and reinstalled LifeLog, and then connect the band to LifeLog. I was able to force an update. Hope that helps.